Schematic/ Brake light switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jimmy68

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Found fuse block but not the plug schematic for the switch under the dash. Need to know what wire does what.

Last edited:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I would think it would be in the factory service manual. Or is that where you've been looking?

OP
OP
Jimmy68

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
I would think it would be in the factory service manual. Or is that where you've been looking?
I do not have one.
Been looking online.

Figure I'll cut circuit 2 wire at the switch and run a new wire to the brake lights.

Had a short. Now the brake light fuse blows when brake is pressed. Wires are all disconnected at the back of the vehicle. Switch cooked. Wires got hot. New switch works but just blows the fuse. Figured the issue is between the switch and the rear of the truck, so, I'ma run a new fukn wire.

Btw, at $10/ fuse I made my own jumper and use the cheap little spade fuses till this mess gets sorted.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Diy section has a download for 2001 service manual. Should have it in there. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd find the page number

OP
OP
Jimmy68

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
So far all indications show I need to reroute the white/tan wire.
If my harness is melted, I'd never find the issue without replacing the whole harness. Not happening.

OP
OP
Jimmy68

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
Cut and done. Brake lights now work without blowing fuses. Everything works. Must have been a short somewhere.