Electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colhighguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Is this the same as Dodge Diesel Forum? The set up looks similar but I'M DESPERATE!
1st, it's urgent because it's 100 plus [yesterday 107] & THE WINDOWS WON'T GO DOWN and, and the A/C won't work.
It started all at once.
It starts just fine. Everything else works...except
BUT all the dash lights come on--Brake/ Water In Fuel/ Wait To Start, no matter what part of the climate control system is turned on. And the Power Windows won't go down.
The only background I can think might be relevant is the battery holder had come completely undone so there was nothing holding it in but because of the way the batter cables are situated, it was held in & did not tip.
Diagnostics I performed:
Visual examination of the wiring under the hood.
Pulled all fuses & made sure all were ok.
Did a continuity check of the other items on the fuse block-not sure that accomplished anything?
Where o where do I need to look/what to check next.
One thought I had was it might be the Ignition Switch & I could just pop another one in. Two problems there: It costs $70 & it takes some sort of what appears to be a special Torx bit-it looks like it's Torx but has a pin like thing in the middle which prevents my standard Torx driver from seating.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your grounds, maybe one came loose when the batter holder came undone. Besides that, check for shorted or loose wires in the steering column

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
they are called tamper-proof torx. they sale the bit that fits them at the autopart stores for cheap.have you check to see if there is power going to the switches? does the blower come on at all? you can hot wire it to come on high to ensure it does work. If you turn on the ac does the compressor come on?

Mopar1973Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996, 2002
Engine
1996 Dodge 1500 (V8-5.9L) & 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 (5.9L Cummins)
Read the OBDII error codes... Guessing will cost much more...

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Read the OBDII error codes... Guessing will cost much more...

Looks like he has a 92, so he is SOL there unfortunately...

I would agree with the grounds from the battery as a possibility.