The Stack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Right now I'm getting around 18-19 MPG on the HWY at 65 with an s&b cai, the Jr. on the economy setting, and boost fooler. It's good, but I thought itd be a little better considering I baby it. Now is there some kinda tuner/chip that I can stack with the smarty for purely MPG's? Or am i better off looking for other mods. I've heard the smarty alone doesn't do much

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Snow **** injection kit will gain you HP as well as MPG'S

XDP sells them . Easy to install . I love mine . And to boot keeps EGT's lower

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Well right now I'm running with a bone stock tranny...will it be alright with it? Lol

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I doubt anything will improve your efficiency. Your smarty basically already covers all of the parameters

Uncle Ugly

Reaction score
Shouldn't need to stack anything with the Smarty for mileage.
What version of the Jr software do you have or have you updated the Jr to the newest software at all?.
Since your running the Jr on the lowest settings have you tried moving off of the default settings and tried the different torque management/timing settings to see if you net any gain in mileage?

If you have installed the Smarty Jr and haven't made any adjustments(meaning your still running all the default settings)you may have to do some homework and try the different settings to see what works best.The Jr in my stock 03 truck runs the best when I make some adjustments for my driving style or the job at hand.The one thing I do like about the Jr is the ability to not load too much into the truck so it remains very driveable in all weather conditions.The S06 and SSR I have for the other CR truck I have and the supporting mods for them make driving that truck in rain like tap dancing on a land mine field.

Not sure why your running a boost fooler coupled with the Smarty Jr.Keep in mind when you drive the stock chargers on these truck past 35psi they get very inefficent and can cost you both power and mileage.The 03 truck we drive daily is bone stock with 225K on it and with the Jr alone,no aaftermarket air intake or exhaust we still average 20-22mpg on the interstate with the stock size tires and wheels.This truck was bought with 200k on it by me for 9k and is used for winter driving and rainy days when my gal and I do not want to compromise our built trucks.Other than a oil change and a good cleaning we have done zero to it now in two years of owning it.

P.S.-I am NOT a fan of water/**** systems for mileage at all.The cost you incur for the expensive systems(the better ones will cost in the $900-1000 range) and the gains you will net make the system take along time to pay for themselves.UNLESS its needed to cool when towing heavy in mountainous regions there are better options,one of them better tune the current setup.A $900-1000 cost with gains only being a possible 1-3mpg would take some 60 tanks(est depends on driving stsyle) of fuel to repay the inirial offset cost.Now most average owners do not fill up their tank weekly so this cost could possibly take a few years to even break even.Now if your in for the performance end of the water/**** system I would say go for it but remember with power comes added cylinder pressures and a heavy power gains on a stock engine could mean early exit of the headgasket without supporting mods.

Last edited: