armoral

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So, i was wondering today, i was out detailn the truck in the garage @ work and i am a armoral freak, Inside, Outside plastics, Entire engine compartment, including my plug wires. Then my buddy walked by and said i should use that stuff to often, its eats away at the plastic and will make it crack or dry out. This is not the first time ive heard this. Ive been doin this to my truck for 3 years at least once a week, and have no problems, discoloration, or anything of the sort. The inside of my truck and under the hood always have that nice shiney wet look............i like it more wen she wet..........sooooooooooo lol, any truth to this.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Also make sure the product youre usng under your hood is silicon free, so it doesnt mess with sensors

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
Yeah I would maybe not use it that much. I use a quality leather/plastics/vinyl cleaner on my entire interior as it actually moisturizes plastics and stuff like our seats.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I hate armoral, once you use it once you pretty much have to keep using it and it leaves everything so greasey and oily when done.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
I use their cleaning wipes...they work good, but I really dont care for shiny interior parts...

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
ill use the wipes but then go over it with a dry rag to remove the sheen and oilly feeling. so it looks clean but not wet. i remember one time i thought it would look good if i did the steering wheel too. bad idea

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ive been using armor all for a couple months...maybe once a month i do the full interior (except the steering wheel lmao) and my interior is fine. dont use so much and you wont get that wet oily feeling after.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The only problems I've heard is people using religiously, then stopping for some reason, or someone buying a truck where the previous owner used it alot. It seems like once you start, you better keep at it

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use the **** out of it. Havent had any problems? And my interior looks new

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that old saying that armor all will crack your dash started with the old 80s trucks that almost every dash cracked and people started associating those cracks with using armoral because that was the popular cleaner back then. the new materials can handle alot more. I used to use armoral on everything but then i found this new meguirs natural shine collection for everything and i really like it. it gives a factory clean look and doesnt leave anything greasy looking. and it wont let dust collect on the wet surface like armoral does.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I know if its used on the mirrors and outside black plas parts they will turn grey to white if you dont continue to use it on their.

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ive found a really great product to use on the mirrors and black plastic trim. its about the only thing its actually good for.

ICE liquid polish. wipe it on with the applicator and let it dry clear and then buff it after about 30 minutes and things shine for days. i like that better than fukken wax on plastic parts. fukken isnt bad ICE just seems to stay on longer and shinier.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guess I'll chime in on this since I consider myself to be a detail guru. IMO Armor All is one of the worst products you could over use on a vehicle. Just like with anything else, you get what you pay for. So, if you're ok with mediocrity, then go right ahead. Their formula has never changed, and in fact can still lead to cracking of dashes etc.

For your interior
SPRAYable dressing

Tires
WET TIRE SHINE

Or...if you like more of a satin finish for your tires...
Armors All Tire Shine

For the engine bay
Instantly shines and protects vinyl, plastic, rubber, metal, glass, leather and many other materials. Sprayed surfaces are water, dirt, and stain resistant.

Under carriage and wheel wells
UNDERCARRIAGE SPRAY BARE BONES NEW LOOK SHINE

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guess I'll chime in on this since I consider myself to be a detail guru. IMO Armor All is one of the worst products you could over use on a vehicle. Just like with anything else, you get what you pay for. So, if you're ok with mediocrity, then go right ahead. Their formula has never changed, and in fact can still lead to cracking of dashes etc.

For your interior
SPRAYable dressing

Tires
WET TIRE SHINE

Or...if you like more of a satin finish for your tires...
Armors All Tire Shine

For the engine bay
Instantly shines and protects vinyl, plastic, rubber, metal, glass, leather and many other materials. Sprayed surfaces are water, dirt, and stain resistant.

Under carriage and wheel wells
UNDERCARRIAGE SPRAY BARE BONES NEW LOOK SHINE

we used some of there products when i worked in detail at the gm dealership a few years ago. the old guys called that stuff goop poop because we got the concentrated stuff and had to mix it with water and it was like joint compound before you mixed it. i liked a few of there products they worked well on the interiors.
if i remember right, they used to make a product called ********* Booster and it was there #1 product for every piece of exterior trim whether it was actually black or not. but i think they stopped making it.

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I would not get armoral anywhere close to my vehicles! The stuff is crap and I have seen some things ruined by using it on others people cars and trucks.

If you insist on wanting to use something like that, I would use the 303 Protectant.

weedahoe

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cammed and custom tuned 5.7
The bad thing about Armoral is dirt and dust seems attracted to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel