black edition express wash and wax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkmhi89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
just purchased a 2015 black express. anyone know whats the best car wash, car wax used for black exterior paint? thanks

05christj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
All I know is do not use a towel to dry it to help avoid swirl marks. Also wash going back and forth down the side of the truck also to help avoid swirl marks.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The search button is your friend. There is a ton of info on that subject, it just takes a few minutes to find it. Check the sticky's out at the top of this section.
Jay

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got mine about a month ago and i feel like i am starting to see the all black ones everywhere. I hope you enjoy it! I love mine! Best truck i ever owned.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the type of wash is not as important as the technique. since black shows swirls so easily, it is particularly crucial to minimize opportunities to introduce contaminants to your wash routine. Use clean, quality towels and change out dirty towels, use the two bucket method and rinse towels between dips in the buckets, etc.

Detailed Image has a great section with tutorials and best practices and sells a plethora of great products to boot.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Congrats on your new truck! The key to keeping your black paint looking good is proper two bucket wash & proper drying technique.
And keeping a good coat of protection whether that would be a sealant or wax.
Check out these video's & links! Please PM me with any and all questions!
Adam's Instructional Videos | Detailing Tips
Adam's Instructional Videos | Detailing Tips
Adam's New Car Care Products & Specials | Adam's Polishes
Exterior Detailing Products | The Best Car Care Products | Adam's Polishes

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I love my truck, hate how hard it is to keep it looking good. I can say the two bucket method really does work. I just started using it recently, truck seems to have a lot less defects after washing now. I use a micro fiber wash mit and barret Jackson car wash. I also use an inline rv water filter to help with water spots.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Shade and a cool surface are also your friends.
Jay