Finally washed the truck by hand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck before hand(these pics are from about 2 weeks ago so there was more dirt and dust). But while rinsing the truck off before wash, the water gave it a rich vibrant red shine like you'll see in the washed pics instead of a dusty red

-A530-47DC-ADD4-E8A339CC5320-2463-0000018211C53B87.jpg
-F6A3-4D66-8D3F-31B41E8440A1-2463-0000018209E3273B.jpg

Products
7-D753-4AC2-88EF-11D9C49D9557-623-0000002BD16ED77D.jpg

Truck washed. Had only used the tire/wheel cleaner, wash soap, and rain x window cleaner for the outside(still need to polish all the chrome and wax it, clean the inside of the windows, and maybe wax the whole truck)
5-6A2C-4C44-81C2-6878833F097C-431-0000006C2404391A.jpg

A big change was the bumper cap(before it looked like it was 5 years old and was hazy cause it's hard to get to to clean and the products I used on the truck like overspray from the bug cleaner on the front bumper replacement would just sit there) and the grille shell(before wash I rubbed my finger on it hard a few times back and forth and could barely get a shine but now it shines, still need to pull the grille out and do the inserts cause they still look the grille shell did)

Should have more pics tomorrow or thursday after I finish everything

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice! I saw a brand new ram in that color today at my school and it looked like it had just been waxed.... I almost caught myself drooling

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Looks good. Try to claybar it before you wax it. That will make a huge difference in the overall finish of your paint.

Georges98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good job man!

NOW. About that Turtle Wax.....

Get some Meguiars Ultimate Wax, or NXT Gen Tech Wax!!!

Lol.

Looking good brother!

George

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! I saw a brand new ram in that color today at my school and it looked like it had just been waxed.... I almost caught myself drooling

Haha I did the same thing when I took the pics of it done and every time I see it. I've never seen it pop so much or have so much reflection ever. It reminds me of the black on the R/T so much

Looks good. Try to claybar it before you wax it. That will make a huge difference in the overall finish of your paint.

Is claybar mandatory before wax or is it just a good idea?

damn looks good bud!!!

Thanks man!

Nah no debadge here. Although the ram 1500 badges will be getting swapped out for some lonestar 10th anniversary badges

Ooh shiny!

Very!

Sweet. Love that color.

Thanks. And it's definitely growing on me after I washed it with the gold class. Has a lot of pop and reflection that I've never seen before with it

Lookin good Garner :********:

Thanks!

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good job man!

NOW. About that Turtle Wax.....

Get some Meguiars Ultimate Wax, or NXT Gen Tech Wax!!!

Lol.

Looking good brother!

George

Thanks! And I was just looking for a cheap wax to protect all the chrome like the wheels, grille, door handles, mirrors, and back bumper. Then I decided I might just wax the whole truck with it while I'm at it. Not sure yet though

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
If you have not claybarred the truck recently, then I would definately do that before waxing it. The difference in your paint will be night and day after the clay and wax

Georges98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! And I was just looking for a cheap wax to protect all the chrome like the wheels, grille, door handles, mirrors, and back bumper. Then I decided I might just wax the whole truck with it while I'm at it. Not sure yet though

Nothing wrong with that, really something is way better then no protection on that nice paint. (I do the same for wheels, or a spray wax works good for those too)

But next time.... haha!

George

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally polished and waxed most of the chrome. Still have the grille to do. I officially hate wax, so easy to put on but a pain in the ass to take off
2-81E4-4DFE-8C1B-FAFB3867DFD0-267-00000018E7B89DF1.jpg

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
Looks good man i think the best way to clean a car is hand wash you get all the dirt and grime off better. Plus it shines like new. good job man.

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have not claybarred the truck recently, then I would definately do that before waxing it. The difference in your paint will be night and day after the clay and wax

Truck hasn't been clay barred since bought except for the passenger bedside so I guess I gotta do that. But that'll be a long time away especially after today

Nothing wrong with that, really something is way better then no protection on that nice paint. (I do the same for wheels, or a spray wax works good for those too)

But next time.... haha!

George

I officially hate the wax I chose lol. Such a pita to take off. I'll definitely look into something better when I decide to actually do the whole truck

Looks good man i think the best way to clean a car is hand wash you get all the dirt and grime off better. Plus it shines like new. good job man.

Thanks! And yeah I'm really impressed with how good it looks. I just gotta get some grit guards. Noticed some light scratches like swirl marks but not in a swirl pattern, woops!

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anybody had issues with the rainx windshield cleaner/rain repellant streaking on the windshield? It's done it both with microfiber towels and with newspaper. How do I get it to stop?

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive never had problems with it, I just use paper towels.Is it maybe too hot when youre doing it?

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive never had problems with it, I just use paper towels.Is it maybe too hot when youre doing it?

Only done it at night. Could it have something to do with washing the windshield(I wash all the windows) with the meguiars gold class while washing the truck?

OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what are all your plans for the truck bro? Or are you just chillen enjoying it until you get something with more potential?

Plans I would like to do at least are touch screen radio, backup camera, leather, matching back bumper, 3" level, and a flowmaster 10/cherry bomb extreme to add a little more tone to the exhaust. But I doubt any of that will happen seeing as how none of my cars have ever gotten modded except for this one but it took 7 months to do minor things lol

To be completely honest though I would love to get back into a sub $30,000 loan and get another mustang(11+ 5.0, but 05-10 4.6 will do), maybe 5th gen Camaro ss, charger srt8 6.1, wrangler, or some kind of luxury car that has some speed to it(335i, older e55 amg, a5 coupe if I could find one under $30k). Hell maybe even a older c6 vette lol