metal polish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Just figured I'd through my 2 cents in here, I tried out mothers mag polish ( i think that's what it's called), then followed it with mothers billet polish. Wow, the billet polish will turn metal into a mirror. I used it on my draglites and was more than impressed with the results...stupid on my part, i didn't take before pictures, but i took after pictures. fyi, the billet polish is expensive at $16 for a small can, but it's proven to be worth it. Sorry the pics a bit hazy, my camera on my phone is scratch to hell.

Attachments

• IMG00179.jpg
    IMG00179.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG00180.jpg
    IMG00180.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG00181.jpg
    IMG00181.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 27

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
That is some good stuff there. I have used a polish called magic blue or something that smells god awful but works like a champ on some old cregars at the house and metal bumpers.

OP
OP
S

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yeah, I did some research on the best metal polishes to use, I would've went with blue magic (or whatever it's called) but as I recall it contains a little bit of silicon, great for shine and water resistance but leaves a bit of greasy feeling. Either way, it's highly regarded as well. Most people say this stuff made in NC is the best ( i can't remember what it's called), truckers swear by it for polishing all their chrome, but I'm fairly impatient so I wanted something I could go get easily. The pics above just don't do it justice. I put those wheels outside in the sun after I did them and you couldn't really look at em without damn near going blind.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the turtle wax chrome polish, thats always worked really well for me, but it will eat paint so you have to be really careful!

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Yeah the Blue magic stuff takes some work because it has a chem reaction and turns the oxidation and anything else black/grey and ya have to work to get it looking good.

OP
OP
S

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yeah the Blue magic stuff takes some work because it has a chem reaction and turns the oxidation and anything else black/grey and ya have to work to get it looking good.

Yep, both Mother's products do the same thing, turns to black. Basically just keep going over it until the polish you apply doesn't turn color anymore. I used their cone applicator and the dr ball with a cordless drill, makes life easier.

fla crkr 1 ton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 [360]
I use hot rims by megulars it smells ok and does a great job with very minimal work on all polished aluminum surfaces. I used to use mothers but this takes less work.

Boo Radley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 5.9
I been using Flitz on the chrome on my '09 Indian Chief Classic bike ever since I drove it to bike week last year. the stuff is the **** for chrome, steel or aluminum as long as the aluminum aint clear coated. Not a whole lot of chrome on my truck, but I'm working on it.