Water Spot Remover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I was curious to know what you guys and gals were using to get those nasty water spots off the glass. I've been using this stuff called AMAZ for some time now. It does a good job, but my god....you gotta put some elbow grease in to it. Lets see what y'all use!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362893467.572566.jpg

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've read that if you use 00 steel wool it'll remove the water spots on glass. After that use done rain-x then rise off to make sure no tiny steel particles are left.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Only two things will work for the toughest stains that I know of, muriatic acid and a special order item from Chemicalguys designed for pro detailers only. Best way to avoid this is dry your windows after using tap water on your car.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One good way to help reduce water spots is to add an "in hose filter" for washing your car with. It works similar to the Mr Clean Auto Wash system and can be made for around $35 or so. You would use a filter like the one I linked below, attach female and male standard hose fittings to it, section your hose or run a small hose off the faucet to the filter, then a hose off the other end use it when washing your truck.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100471...&N=25ecodZ5yc1vZlo&R=100471282#specifications

OP
OP
BAILEY1

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Only two things will work for the toughest stains that I know of, muriatic acid and a special order item from Chemicalguys designed for pro detailers only. Best way to avoid this is dry your windows after using tap water on your car.

I've got some of the chemical guys water spot rx on the way. Gonna give it a try.

OP
OP
BAILEY1

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
One good way to help reduce water spots is to add an "in hose filter" for washing your car with. It works similar to the Mr Clean Auto Wash system and can be made for around $35 or so. You would use a filter like the one I linked below, attach female and male standard hose fittings to it, section your hose or run a small hose off the faucet to the filter, then a hose off the other end use it when washing your truck.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100471...&N=25ecodZ5yc1vZlo&R=100471282#specifications

I'm definitely gonna look into that. Thanks for the info.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
White vinegar first and if that doesn't work, I clay and then polish with my Flex or PC and Adams Fine Machine Polish. Glass is harder than clear coat by a large margin, so most paint polishes won't harm the glass.

Most water spots happen when vehicles sit out, but using a detail spray as a drying agent helps when washing. A good LSP helps too!
Adams glass sealant is worlds better than Rain-X for me. It lasts and lasts!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Mothers, just got my shipment in :D

limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Black Limited 1500
Engine
Hemi
Just got this off a HD Forum
Use Distilled Water in a gallon spry bottle after you wash
With a bike you may use a gallon, not sure how much you need for a truck, I’m going to try it today

OP
OP
BAILEY1

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Just got this off a HD Forum
Use Distilled Water in a gallon spry bottle after you wash
With a bike you may use a gallon, not sure how much you need for a truck, I’m going to try it today

Let me know if it works.

Doc Zoom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see Meguires has a new product for water spots.

Appauldd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quick Detailer spray works wonders to remove water spots from windows. I make it a habit to quick detail spray the entire truck after I wash. Leaves no water spots, lines, etc. Only takes about 10 mins too.

SD38-2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What Chewy said...white vineger. It's cheap and works great for removing water spots. I have hard water and I use it alot, a gallon is only a few bucks at the grocery store and lasts a long time.

TeamJackson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you haven't used Chemical Guys synthetic quick retailer you are missing out. No streaks at all!