Wax question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know i know I should be Fukken my truck all day.

2 problems with that...

1. Im out :(
2. The syracuse nationals im going to our on Saturday

So what else can I use to get the best wax from it since I need something by this weekend?

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Fukken;)

Lo by put before fukken I used turtle waxed and was very pleased

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Idk I always used the old school turtle wax, we have used it for years on all of our vehicles

OP
OP
BlackBee

BlackBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aren't you only suppose to do it like twice a year or something or is that false?

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
True we, always did our on then1st of jan and 4th of July or somewhere around there

OP
OP
BlackBee

BlackBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ehh maybe I'll do it old fashion way for the weekend never have yet

Fstryde03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know I'm a newb here but I have been detailing my cars for a long time, why not just hit Wally World and get a bunch of Meguiar's?

Here's my truck Meguiar's Car Wash, Clay Bar, Ultimate Polish, and Tech Wax 2.0 Liquid. Pretty quick and easy.

0f43a4ca.jpg

Fstryde03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone try this?
Buy Turtlewax Black Box™ Kit T3KT at Advance Auto Parts

My buddy has it and looks great. But the wax says carnabua isn't that the stuff like twice a year only?

That particular product works but is not a true carnauba wax, it is similar to the Meguiar's Gold Class, they contain it but also have a bunch of synthetic polymers so you are fine using it more then twice a year. The problem people run into is the waxes like that one contain polishing compounds so it's not something you want to constantly be doing to your clearcoat plus the fact that too many people use polish then follow it up with a wax that also contains polish right after.

OP
OP
BlackBee

BlackBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That particular product works but is not a true carnauba wax, it is similar to the Meguiar's Gold Class, they contain it but also have a bunch of synthetic polymers so you are fine using it more then twice a year. The problem people run into is the waxes like that one contain polishing compounds so it's not something you want to constantly be doing to your clearcoat plus the fact that too many people use polish then follow it up with a wax that also contains polish right after.

Gotcha so is like many once a month excluding winter months good?

Fstryde03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gotcha so is like many once a month excluding winter months good?

Here's my routine, I'm not a professional detailer so maybe someone who does it for a living will chime in,

Wash- Every 2-4 Weeks (Meguiar's Car Wash)

Clay Bar- 2 Times a Year, truck is parked inside or if I run my fingers along the paint and it makes noise, squeeks or catches then I know it's time to clay. (Meguair's Clay Kit)

Polish- 2 Times a Year because Polish is a major pain in my A**holes LOL (Meguiar's Ultimate Polish)

Wax- 4-6 times a Year (Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax or Tech Wax 2.0.)

Spray Wax- Every Time I wash the truck and I am not doing a liquid or paste wax (Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax). Make sure you wash or use spray detailer before using the spray wax.

Detailer- All the time LOL (Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer). Once I notice the detailer isn't coming off as easy just using a spray and microfiber towel method then I know it's time to hit the truck with another wash and regular wax instead of spray wax.

Last edited:

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I bought the Black Box and was really blown away with it. I don't like that they only include 1 spray nozzle (You have to get switching back and forth, spraying the nozzle out with water, then switch to another bottle...). Didn't really notice a big change over using a normal wax. And it makes a big mess, and you go through a lot of towels.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I gotta give a shout to the Turtle Wax ICE liquid wax. I used it for the first time earlier this year after about 20 yrs of only MeGuiars. I've put it on my wife's Toyo, my Ram, and my Chally. I'm very impressed with this wax. According to TW, multiple coats only deepen the glossy shine.

OP
OP
BlackBee

BlackBee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea it works mint! Other thn the fact it takes years to do and your hands are blak after haha. But man it's sooooo smooth best Ive used yet

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm really happy with the ICE.

Scott reminded me of a question I've had for a while since he mentioned that he's had TW ICE sitting around for a while: does a wax degrade during changes in temperature (winter freeze/summer thaw)?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
adams makes amazing product

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The guy that was a vendor must not have renewed. You can buy it straight through Adams though on their website.