who's the site clean freak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
As an example lets go with the GT500 (2009) and my stats. Up to this point it has 2400 miles and 219 hand coats of polish/wax/paint cleaner so right around one coats for every 11 miles. When I do the toys I wax under the hood where any metal is accessible, the door jambs and all the metal under the trunk. I find after all these years I can accomplish the through job in just over 3 hours. Of coarse the rims get a coat of polish and the insides get wiped out and then they are waxed once a month. Oh the truck sees no rain/snow/sleet/freezing rain etc so I just need to wipe off the dust.

Anyone else apply a coat roughly every 10-20 miles:favorites13::word::buffer::love51::crazy:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I never did it that religiously, but I did do it about twice a month until my paint went to crap. Now I leave it dirty to hide the bad paint. When I did do it though I always did it by hand and (like you), I did EVERYTHING that I could reach. My neighbor came out one day and kept getting blinded by the glare of the sun reflecting off my truck. He said that he's never seen anyone wax door jambs before, I laughed and said "well now you do". I'm pretty OCD with a lot of stuff... so if I have to do it in a pinch I'll always go back and re-do it the right way.... that's probably why it takes me 2 days to fully detail my truck:crazy:

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
When I had my Focus ST, it got washed about once and week and waxed about twice a month. I always kept that thing spotless. Miss that car sometimes.

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was very OCD on how my cars were cleaned and maintained. But after I lost my job and now my cars sit outside, so it's a lot more difficult to keep up.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
my wife's neon gets cleaned once a year, only if i get it detailed for her birthday. we camped 100 days with the ram/camper this year,cleaned the truck 3 times , (what's wax?).washed it maybe 4.do i win?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wash and spray wax(Opti) every week. Detail once a month inside and out including the engine. Use Wolfgang 3.0 sealant topped with Collinite 845 and Lexol on the leather. Prefer to use a Nano towel instead of a clay bar. Daily driver that just sits in the garage a lot.
Jay

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I never did it that religiously, but I did do it about twice a month until my paint went to crap. Now I leave it dirty to hide the bad paint. When I did do it though I always did it by hand and (like you), I did EVERYTHING that I could reach. My neighbor came out one day and kept getting blinded by the glare of the sun reflecting off my truck. He said that he's never seen anyone wax door jambs before, I laughed and said "well now you do". I'm pretty OCD with a lot of stuff... so if I have to do it in a pinch I'll always go back and re-do it the right way.... that's probably why it takes me 2 days to fully detail my truck:crazy:

here here on the door jambs as well the underside of the trunk and hood:favorites13:

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
People call me nuts because I give my truck a full blown detail every weekend. I have so much wax/sealants on it that anything and everything roles off. As long as the weather is nice it get's a quick detail everyday after I drive it.

That's probably why my '07 with 145K on it looks better than some of the new trucks at the dealer!

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
People call me nuts because I give my truck a full blown detail every weekend. I have so much wax/sealants on it that anything and everything roles off. As long as the weather is nice it get's a quick detail everyday after I drive it.

That's probably why my '07 with 145K on it looks better than some of the new trucks at the dealer!

I do believe tbat definitely qualifies you as the "site clean freak!)...nice work!

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I do believe tbat definitely qualifies you as the "site clean freak!)...nice work!

I begs to differ as I have detailed my vehicle/s as many as 3-6 times per day, at shows as many as every 1/2 hour:favorites13:

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I begs to differ as I have detailed my vehicle/s as many as 3-6 times per day, at shows as many as every 1/2 hour:favorites13:

I stand corrected!...and a tip o' the cap to you sir!

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
He can't have any paint left. LOL

lots left, like I said I have 219 coats on a 2009 GT500 and the odo reads out at 2400 miles.:favorites13: errrrr I have way to much time on my hands.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I only drive mine on pretty days and dust it off with a California duster and wipe the wheels down every time I pull it in the garage, it drives my wife crazy and we had this huge fight one day because I asked her to simply close the door by using the door handles and not the door frame, she was pissed all day.

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I only drive mine on pretty days and dust it off with a California duster and wipe the wheels down every time I pull it in the garage, it drives my wife crazy and we had this huge fight one day because I asked her to simply close the door by using the door handles and not the door frame, she was pissed all day.

that and slamming the ****** door:favorites13:

amocoharley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys are great! I really want to detail my truck now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speeddemon0712

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8

HAHAHA that's funny. I've had a few cars where there wasn't a frame around the window, so people would grab the glass to close the door. DROVE ME INSANE! I can't stand finger prints.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007