Window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
On my 98 Sebring I just got, someone had added tint to the windows and did a **** poor job at that, and its not even dark tint either. So now there are bubbles and air pockets all over and it sucks for seeing out the windows.
Can I just spray some tint on spray stuff, heat it up a bit and squeegee them out or am I SOL since the stuff has been on for awhile? Not wanting to mess with removal of the tint on the rear defrost.

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
how long is awhile? if it's been on for really any length of time, you'll probably be better off peeling it and starting over.

OP
OP
wermbang

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Not sure, but I would guess a few years or more

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
oh yeah, peeling and starting over is the way to go. tint can get brittle over time, so trying to pull it back and re-apply would probably make it worse than it started out with. Honestly, if you want/need the tint, take somewhere and have it professionally done. The money spent (to me) is worth not having the hassle of doing it. Plus if there's something wrong, you have a place to take it back to, and have them make it right.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
oh yeah, peeling and starting over is the way to go. tint can get brittle over time, so trying to pull it back and re-apply would probably make it worse than it started out with. Honestly, if you want/need the tint, take somewhere and have it professionally done. The money spent (to me) is worth not having the hassle of doing it. Plus if there's something wrong, you have a place to take it back to, and have them make it right.

X2, I actually attempted to tint the windows in myself in my 2nd gen...I got aggravated with it before I even got the first piece on my window..said screw it...and mine was computer cut. I wasted $40 plus my time in attempting it.

OP
OP
wermbang

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Yeah I have tinted my windows in my truck wasn't that bad.

On my white avenger the insurance company made me remove my door tint after a couple tickets so I had it done the same place it was installed, was around $60 just for the doors. Will have to do some checking of what kind of deal I can find

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that the tint will have to be heat shrunk to fit your rear glass too, unless you apply it in strips...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990