Hot Damn Tune +Boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Just installed the tune and took it for a drive, as I've been hanging out on the wild (medium tune). Holy butt-****! This thing hauls ass! It's what 175hp tune, from the 120 hp mild tune, and the turbo spools faster up to 37 instead of 30? Think I'll step it back down to the mild tune, until I can at least get some ARP head studs and some other supporting mods. 37 lbs of boost feels like a damn rocket! :sparta:

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's awesome man!! Congrats on finding such a useful mod. I also would like to thank you for using "holy butt-****" properly in a sentence...I almost fell out of my chair when I read it :happy175:

I'm guessing you put the tuner on your new diesel?

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Congrats!!! These diesel tuners really open our trucks up compared to one on a gas vehicle. It's a whole new truck! It may be time for a bigger turbo, fuel upgrades, and some headstuds.... really open her up! Be wary of your transmission though...

Keep us updated! I can't wait to see how it ends up

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Supporting mods first!

Fuel and Transmission, then turbo n injectors.
What budget? you didn't have a budget did you?!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Trup, I have been running the same tune now for the past year. Its fun isn't it :leghump:

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This makes me want a diesel. If only gas tuners could get more than 20 some odd horsepower.

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Haha yeah I definitely love it, but I need to make sure the truck can handle it first.

CAI, manifold, and a few smoother suspension mods first.

Then amp steps, air-dog, tranny/both diff covers.

After that I'll try for the tranny and head studs. Wonder what Trans packages are out there besides ATS.

El phono

Last edited:

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm so excited to see more pics of this build. Can't wait.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Haha yeah I definitely love it, but I need to make sure the truck can handle it first.

After that I'll try for the tranny and head studs. Wonder what Trans packages are out there besides ATS.

El phono

ATS and Suncoast are the big 2. Just be ready to drop some BIG $$ though. The 68RFE transmission builds are not cheap. That is the only reason why I have not thrown a bigger turbo and injectors on my own truck.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just installed the tune and took it for a drive, as I've been hanging out on the wild (medium tune). Holy butt-****! This thing hauls ass! It's what 175hp tune, from the 120 hp mild tune, and the turbo spools faster up to 37 instead of 30? Think I'll step it back down to the mild tune, until I can at least get some ARP head studs and some other supporting mods. 37 lbs of boost feels like a damn rocket! :sparta:

Do yourself a favor, update to the latest firmware and download the latest tune..6.7.47 you will love how the engine responds to it and how the tranny shift (properly, if you are using throttle sensitivity).
EBC is insane on the old ATT tunes, that's one on the reasons why I never ran them (aside from testing all the tunes to see what worked best).
You can pop your HG if you romp on that tune with stock head bolts ( Hot w/boost) EBC can easily reach 55psi + ( I observed a 2:1 ratio to boost, so that will give you an idea). I would also recommend their overdrive software, it helps the tranny hold the power. Mine holds good now up until 5th, 6th but that's typical of the OD clutches being weak in stock form.
Ryan has been working on the H&S tunes for a bit, he was sending out Pre-release tunes to test out. I can send you that link if you want to learn more about what changes he has made.... The old tunes are smokey as all hell too, which I hated.....It kept me off the throttle....cant say the same anymore, now I have to let up for traction purposes.

Once you find the power, there is no turning back... I already have a list a "required" parts going...it's not cheap..

Last edited:

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Supporting mods first!

Fuel and Transmission, then turbo n injectors.
What budget? you didn't have a budget did you?!

I would do tranny and turbo before fuel. New tips, and turbo will easily get you to 500+hp. The stock VGT sucks and runs out of air long before fuel.

El phono

Unless you are looking for sound or big power I would hold off on the intake, the stock set-up will take you to 500whp efficiently.

ATS and Suncoast are the big 2. Just be ready to drop some BIG $$ though. The 68RFE transmission builds are not cheap. That is the only reason why I have not thrown a bigger turbo and injectors on my own truck.

Don't forget Revmax.. :)
All three are good....