Mopar CAI for 2012 3500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
i found the Mopar part for the 2010 3500 w/ the 6.7 but will this part (77070027) fit the 2012 as well? the air box looks the same but has anyone already done this?

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I'm reading here: Cold Air Intake System, Mopar Performance, 2010-11 6.7L Diesel Ram 2500 / 3500 (THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED BY CHRYSLER AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.)

that it's discontinued. But I can't find anywhere where it says it would fit a 2012. At $400 though, IMO you can buy a better CAI than the mopar one for cheaper.

EDIT: Also, I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like it's got a chrome intake tube, which isn't good for heat absorbtion. Plastic is better as it doesn't absorb the heat soak much at all. Remember, the colder the air, the better the atomization and essentially, better performance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jpex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
I'm reading here: Cold Air Intake System, Mopar Performance, 2010-11 6.7L Diesel Ram 2500 / 3500 (THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED BY CHRYSLER AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.)

that it's discontinued. But I can't find anywhere where it says it would fit a 2012. At $400 though, IMO you can buy a better CAI than the mopar one for cheaper.

EDIT: Also, I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like it's got a chrome intake tube, which isn't good for heat absorbtion. Plastic is better as it doesn't absorb the heat soak much at all. Remember, the colder the air, the better the atomization and essentially, better performance.

i like the mopar quality, i have had k&n before i didnt like the cheapness of the product, cold air is much better than hot air without a doubt but how it gets used the chrome tube wont have any real detrimental effect, the truck spends 95% of its life putting around the city and 5% puling my trailer, i have no plans to build the motor so 5-10 deg warmer pre turbo temp will be mitigated by the air/air anyways, it sucks there isnt a mopar/aem product avail for these trucks, i wound up ordering the aem washable drop in air filter