2011 Power wagon (Help!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertcruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
non
Engine
non
Hello there guys,

First of all, I am from Kuwait and for the first time searching to buy an American 4X4 Truck (reason below), I am actually a Cruiser owner, I own a 2006 4.5l straight six Short Wheel Base Land Cruiser (70series), and never bought anything else but 70series Cruisers (which you dont get in North America)

This is my '06 FZJ71 Land Cruiser:
2mfnl8w.jpg

I never ever though of buying a Chevrolet nor Dodge, Ford came to my mind once but gone........well after the launch of the 2010 Power Wagon...I began to search more and more, magazines, videos, pics, tests, articles etc..about the mighty truck! and never found the answer to my question. In my opinion the Dodge Power Wagon might be the best 4X4 truck ever built, it has both toughness and comfort as well as an amazing 4wd features, its the Ultimate 4X4 Truck!

But here I am, waiting to get your feedback about the PW, reliability is my question here! how do you rate or think it can satisfy its owner, because I am a Cruiser owner I am looking for a reliable truck which I can trust! I go to places where you cant find a single track, and I want a Truck with no transmission or engine problems, You see I never had any problems with my Cruiser even when I abuse it! I am always scared about the ''check engine, fix'' signs that You get in American trucks! also heard many problems such as ''lifters, transmission shift faliure or late shifts'' and so on.....I dont want such problems, I am used to my Toyota Land Cruiser which never gave me a single problem!

Currently, I am very seriouse about the Power Wagon! and I dont think that any 4X4 Truck out there can change my mind! here in the Middle East we still can get brand new 70series Land Cruisers, Nissan Patrols (all of these are live axles) ofcourse! but with a dual cap and the right comfort, again the Power Wagon is the Ultimate!

Please Help! what are the cons of the 2011 Power Wagon? especially the mechanical things which includes (engine - transmission - axles etc)?

Thanks a lot guys :)

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Only thing that I dont like about it is that you cant get it with a CTD in it....only the Hemi...

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
assuming you dont thrash the snot out of it, it will do you very well. There are no major mechanical issues with the hemi engine, and as long as you take care of it, nothing with the transmission either. The powerwagon is a very solid truck. It wont be nearly as nimble as you landcruiser, but it should do you well.

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Hey!, way over there.

!st, when looking on the internet for reviews or opinions on any product you'll find negative information. no one every posts how well something is, if its working good why post.. People post about issues, thats why when you search for something, you'll see alot of negative info.

2'nd, your Posting to a "DODGE" site asking about a DODGE product, no one is going to bad mouth a Dodge here, for sure not the legendary POWER WAGON. For best results on what your looking for, you'll want to post on a general type forum about trucks, or off-roading. A site that is not brand specific would be best.

Whit that,,,

As I'm sure you know, the "Power Wagon" name is legendary, specifically in the meddle east. The Power Wagon was used by many oil industries from the 40's and up. In fact DODGE made the 40's Style Power wagon up till 1978 for export to the meddle east. We here in the states could not buy this 40's style truck, and most do not even know it was built for that long of a time frame.

The current Power-wagon is based on a Dodge 2500. It has a ~390HP HEMI engine, with a 5 speed Auto. Well there have been auto issues in the whole line of Dodge trucks, most you will find are behind modified engines. in "Stock" form you should see many 100 thousand miles. The Power-wagon has locking front and rear diff's, along with a sway bar disconnect. Its articulation is great from the factory, but can be improved. The Truck also has a *****.

You may have issues with sand. Its a Truck and most of the weight is over the front tires. It wont handle sand like your better weight distributed Toyota. large and wide tires should help. modifying the engine to make more power will help too. My Truck loves sand, and I can take it places other trucks sink, in fact I go places ATV's wont. steep hills and such. But it takes power to make all 4 spin.

I think you should get one. Overall you should be happy with it.

RBPowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The current Power-wagon is based on a Dodge 2500.

the power wagon is built on its own frame not on a ram 2500 frame but other than that and a few minor details it is a ram 2500 its an amazing beast

i have to agree with everything else he says i own a 2010 silver Power Wagon and i love that you can go places and do things that all other factory 4x4s can only dream of it is by far the best 4x4 straight from the factory ever made and its got 60 years of experience behind it to back it up

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I was always told and seen first hand the PW is 2500 frame and cab .. only has lockers , winch and some cosmetic stuff .. Same truck