2011 PW Upgrades!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcompany

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed the 87 MM throttle body, vararam intake, and tuner. It is too dang cold to get some pics under the hood so I took a few quick ones. Also updated my pics of the new rockers and fuel door being line x'd.

Exterior wise I added tow mirrors and window tint, factory matched with limo tint on the windshield.

photo 1 (2).jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3 (2).jpg

photo 3.jpg

OP
OP
mcompany

mcompany

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also got the bushwackers line x'd.

I had to remove the in channel visors from the front windows. I need to get the outside visors or none because of the new tint and cant decide which route to go. Opinions?

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Looking good! The side steps are growing on me. Are they nice and sturdy?

If so, how much and where would you recommend finding them?

OP
OP
mcompany

mcompany

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are rock solid. If I had to do it over I would go with the rbp 3 step bars. I would recommend going through 4wheel parts to look at what you like they have a ton of options. If it were me to do it again I would bite the bullet and go through rolling big power

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Excellent. Thanks! At your height, I guess you don't have to worry about it, but I have been holding off, as I don't want to lose ground clearance since I am already dragging my transfer case skid plates over big break over angle drop offs.

Guess I would rather have the rails digging a rut, than the cab grinding on sidehills, which is happening now. It might also keep the very nasty, sharp scrub brush off the lower painted panels, when bashing through the brush, as the black lower shows every little scratch and mark from even brushing against a sand bank or scrubby bush out here.

The thick powder coat on my brush guard lower bars is already all scratched up from the same antics. Perhaps it will all polish out , with a little compound and wax when it finally warms up around here, but just a little something to keep the branches and light rocks from dragging along the lower cab would be great. As well as the function of the steps. The third one for reaching in and grabbing stuff over the tall bed rails would be nice too.

rwalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I have the RBP steps on my truck, and they took a beating off road.. dragged them off a few rocks and they got some big dents and scrapes in them. The steel is not super thick, not even close to skid plate thick. You are better off just going with a set of rock sliders that are made for these trucks (they aren't a step though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mcompany

mcompany

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a problem man. I got quoted a few different prices, most around here were 1200. I went with the local guy who did all my previous work and he worked me up a pretty good deal. Installed after tax was 930.

I was going to say, brakelate, line x everywhere would also help you out and looks sick. The undercarriage should run 499 and the rockers depending on what deal you can work out should be no more than 1200. It looks amazing and is perfect for keeping the truck looking good.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks. I went out again yesterday and will be posting some more pics up as soon as I can peel them off my phone to post up.

I like the shine and contrast of the black lower, and graphics with the little bit of red piping just to spice it up a bit. Coming from SoCal, where I would even go through bottles of tire shine a month, to being out here, where I cannot even get out of my driveway without romping through thick gravel it is a bit of a adjustment. I like to use my stuff, but keep it clean at the same time.... constant battle.

I should do as you suggest as I am collecting up "desert pin striping" from dragging through narrow trails with the damn tough and sharp scrub running down both sides. Of course, it especially shows in the Black after a wash.

Much washes off with a good bubble bath, and I was considering looking for a local detailer to polish and then wax it up good. But, I think that will be costly, as I have a bum shoulder and cannot do it myself anymore.

Then again, seems like the truck can sit there dirty for weeks, and as soon as I really detail it out, I find myself back in the bush within hours, flinging mud and splashing through streams.

But, that is what it was made for... and I intend to enjoy every bit of it.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not a problem man. I got quoted a few different prices, most around here were 1200. I went with the local guy who did all my previous work and he worked me up a pretty good deal. Installed after tax was 930.

That's quite a lot of money, but overall I think that sounds pretty reasonable.
I have a 'local' guy I am going to talk to tomorrow aboot it.

I am going to check into my options, I am tempted to get the bed lined with color match, and have them cover those stupid plastic pieces too. So it's all nice clean white.

OP
OP
mcompany

mcompany

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds good man. Pricey yes but worth it man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mcompany

mcompany

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
also brakelate, thats just an excuse to lift that beautiful truck and make it a monster!