2012 Power Wagon Need Ideas/Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gtelli87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a 2012 Power Wagon and am looking to install a leveling kit to bring the front end up just a bit. I have never installed or bought any type of leveling kit or lift kit and need some ideas/suggestions on what to get. There seems to be so many different options available I am just not sure what will fit and what won't. Also, I would like to LineX the chrome bumpers and grill, has anyone done this? Does the LineX stick to chrome or will it have to be completely buffed down? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Txhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge PowerWagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know if anyone makes a leveling kit for the PW. Most kits say "Except PW"
As for the grill,it's plastic,and can be painted,dipped,coated,or whatever you want to do to it. It would just need to be scuffed up with a Scotchbrite pad before doing anything to it,so the surface coat has something to cling to.
The bumpers will have to be sand blasted for painting or powder coating. With Line-X,they can probably just scuff them up,and spray the coating on.

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 1 inch Daystar level on mine. Works great and no problems. Had it almost a year. Anything over an inch you are going to need to look at shocks and bump stops as well.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the 1 inch Daystar level on mine. Works great and no problems. Had it almost a year. Anything over an inch you are going to need to look at shocks and bump stops as well.

Stock shocks and bump stops are fine with a 2" lift. The 4th gens aren't lifted much at all over a standard 2500, maybe 1/4-1/2" at most. The 3rd gens were lifted about an inch, but not the 4th gens. Unless you plan on jumping the truck, there's no reason to replace the bump stops.

If you want a great suspension package, take a look at Carli. If you get over an inch of lift up front, you will need a longer/adjustable track bar to get your axle closer to center. Also, if you want to run 35s, longer control arms are a big help to eliminate rubbing issues. You'll also probably rub the control arms at full lock with stock wheels so a wheel with lower offset will eliminate this.

Riskwriter101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2012 Power Wagon and am looking to install a leveling kit to bring the front end up just a bit. I have never installed or bought any type of leveling kit or lift kit and need some ideas/suggestions on what to get. There seems to be so many different options available I am just not sure what will fit and what won't. Also, I would like to LineX the chrome bumpers and grill, has anyone done this? Does the LineX stick to chrome or will it have to be completely buffed down? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I had a 3"front 1" rear Ready lift installed when I first bought my truck last September. Im not happy with the off road ride. MYOUNG84 has the right idea. Carli makes great suspensions from everything I've heard. My Performance 2.5 Carli setup is finally done and ready to have installed next week. I've waited on the King shocks for two months they take forever to do their calibrations and valving, but they come setup for these heavy trucks.
I also, had both the front, rear bumpers and bed LineX'ed ... Really happy with that it's already held up to running over my bicycle, a camp bench and other misc things I can't see over the hood. My opinion is save your money for a suspension upgrade like Carli or another quality suspension. The disk lift doesn't help much except fit larger tires. I might be picky because my last truck was an FJ and it had an Icon coil over setup made a huge difference. Then I went back to stock shocks on the new Power Wagon given they are totally different vehicles, but I wasn't impressed with the PW stock suspension.
Just my 2 cents

Mike

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome RiskWriter101

Hey Mike, Welcome aboard!

Love the pic and the truck looks like it has some very tasty mods.

Can you start a thread in here in the Power Wagon section and tell us what all you have done to it?

Love to see various pics of other people's rigs as well, so throw in as many as you can.

Where were you camped out at in the Sig photo? Around Calico or Randsburg?

Hard to tell sometimes though, as the Desert Southwest looks so similar in spots.

Glad to have another new Power Wagon with us! :headbang: