New guy!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Name is Jeff and live in South Texas. I own a 2005 Dodge PW silver in color. Have a ton of money dumped into it and it is wheeled hard. Hope to see you guys on the trail.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Welcome

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well installed my DOR front and rear diff covers and filled up with fresh Amsoil. Hopefully tomorrow I will get time to put on my Airflow snorkel kit for the truck. Can't wait to cut a 4" hole and a bunch of little holes in the fender!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377478923.430190.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1377478937.415909.jpg

OP
OP
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully Tuesday I will pull off my Amp Research Power steps ( gonna miss them) to make room for my new rock sliders.

Knotts89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are you going to do with the steps might be interested in them if u want to get rid of them

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably gonna sell them. Going to make sure I can't fab them up to work with my rock sliders first but doubt it.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Man, you must have massive balls (isn't everything bigger in Texas?) to start drilling holes in the top of your fender. The first step in the first mod is the hardest, I know, and it generally gets easier than that, but damn!

Most of my mistakes and 're-d0's" are hidden under the truck somewhere, not up top. Awesome Job! Can you take more pics out in the daylight?
Not sure if it is the shadows or my monitor settings, but I can't see the detail in the snorkel up top. Plus, more pics are always better, IMHO. Especially of a killer rig like that.

Hey, do you have a profile or thread on your truck specifically? (I am a newbie around these parts). I just noticed some cool stuff... like front manual locking hubs and some blue lines on your rear diff that make me think you have Air Lockers? Interested in the rest of your tricks.

Also curious on how many miles are on the Rig, being an '05. All the surface rust on the underside, especially around the pumpkin / axle tubes has me wondering. I NEVER see rust, coming from the desert southwest, but moved closer to the snow belt and am wondering if I should do something now to prevent that, or just chalk it up to "good use in it's proper application".

Back on topic; any claimed power gains, or just clean, cool fresh air and avoiding hydraulic lock up from fluid in the stock box by adding that snorkel?

Keep on posting man. Loving it!

OP
OP
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok yes I cruise the beach a bunch also. Plus a bunch of mud and pressure washing the truck all the time has taken some of the paint off the frame and axles. Just surface rust also. The blue wires are for my electric lockers that I wired direct to bypass the stock computer that would not let them lock in all the time. Ok here is what I got done to the truck:
Yukon free spin kit
RCV axle shafts
Dynatrac ball joints
Upgraded power steering pump
PSC steering gear box tapped for hydro assist
PSC ram kit ( not installed yet)
New borgeson steering shaft and joints
New DOR diff covers
New valve springs
New plugs
New wires
Moe's Performance throttle body
Superchips programmer
Airflow snorkel
White knuckle Offroad rock sliders (NIY)
Front Road Rhino bumper (NIY)
Complete front steering setup DOR (NIY)
Badass stereo
Rock lights
Sure some other stuff I can't remember.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Cool. I was thinking Salt Water, but wasn't sure how far Goliad was from the Ocean.

How many mpg's did you gain with the ability to Unlock the front hubs? I guess not that I am so concerned with mileage, but when I went to do my first oil change I found a sticker on the inner fenderwell indicating that I should lube the front Universal Joint with every oil change.

That got me to thinking that it is either a weak link or is at what the factory considers to be a pretty severe angle to require that much lube. Maybe it is just good preventative maintenance but I want the truck to last as long as the payments do. Actually, I think it is a "Keeper". My 13 year old son has already put "Dibs" on it, should he get a job, license and I move on to something else. I think he will get my '07 1500 4x4 before this one. Unless I stroke out unexpectedly. :pp:

I was going to ask some other things, but guess I can put up my own thread about the electronic nannies such as the one that unlocks everything unless in 4Lo. :flame:

OP
OP
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my lockers wired direct so no more lock up problems. Works great. About 1.5 MPG increase but I drive it hard. Lot of people are getting over 2. Broke some parts this weekend wheeling but had fun and ordered some more parts. qunu5y9a.jpgra9y7yvu.jpgne5u2uvu.jpg
Suppose to look like this! Looks like this after trail repair and some ingenuity LOL!!!!quza5e5y.jpg

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks for sharing the pics and video. I need to dig out my GoPro and start getting some footage of the new truck.

I think if you would have used a little more throttle you would have had it! :rofl:

Looks like it caught the driveshaft on that break over ledge. Damn.

Wish I was closer, so I could join in on the fun!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990