Winch Hook?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trmat79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok guys I want to get a winch hook that will hold up to the massiveness (yes I made that word up) of the PW ... what are you guys using?

OP
OP
trmat79

trmat79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice looking. Is there a certain weight rating etc for the hook. I'd like to get one that I can hook to the front recovery hook when I'm not using it.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Doesn't you cable have a hook/shackle already?
I'm sorry I'm kind of confused what your looking for

OP
OP
trmat79

trmat79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doesn't you cable have a hook/shackle already?
I'm sorry I'm kind of confused what your looking for

Not really sure if it does or not. Didn't see one but maybe it's tucked up underneath? They lost the winch control at the dealer so they got me a new one that I. Should get in the next couple of days. All I want is the hook that goes on the end of the cable that I see guys route to one of the trucks front recovery hooks. Maybe I'm just too much of a newb on this stuff?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I believe there should be one there already although without the controller I could understand not knowing
Looking through warns website it doesn't look like they sell just the cable hooks
If its not there I would have the dealer get you one at their expense

Warn does sell recovery kits the have tree straps, chains, shackles and basically anything you would need
I would recommend it of you plan on using the winch alot

OP
OP
trmat79

trmat79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe there should be one there already although without the controller I could understand not knowing
Looking through warns website it doesn't look like they sell just the cable hooks
If its not there I would have the dealer get you one at their expense

Warn does sell recovery kits the have tree straps, chains, shackles and basically anything you would need
I would recommend it of you plan on using the winch alot

Yeah I will take a look tomorrow and if there is no hook. Then the dealer will be getting a call.

Txhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge PowerWagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just hook it to one of the tow hooks on the front of the truck.

008-1.jpg

OP
OP
trmat79

trmat79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just hook it to one of the tow hooks on the front of the truck.

008-1.jpg

Yup that's the look I'm going for but the hook didn't come with the truck (trust me I'm up the dealers ass on this one) and my red tag prob won't be a warn one but a "remove before flight" tag :)

Txhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge PowerWagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup that's the look I'm going for but the hook didn't come with the truck (trust me I'm up the dealers ass on this one) and my red tag prob won't be a warn one but a "remove before flight" tag :)

All PW's come with the two front tow hooks,If your truck is new,the dealer probably took them off to make some extra money from people that are unaware of all the factory specs.
And the Warn winch comes with a hook on the cable,someone removed it if your's is missing.

Last edited:

Captain McGillycutty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All PW's come with the two front tow hooks,If your truck is new,the dealer probably took them off to make some extra money from people that are unaware of all the factory specs.
And the Warn winch comes with a hook on the cable,someone removed it if your's is missing.

Das is true!!

OP
OP
trmat79

trmat79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The recovery hooks are there and the winch hook was not but I made a big stink and told them I would buy the winch hook myself and explain the whole thing in my customer service survey I still need to do......they said I can pick up the hook Monday ... Weird haha :). It always amazes me what people try to get away with even though there is ipthe Internet to check things out... Oh well :)