dual zone auto AC upgrade? anyone done it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
anyone managed to pull off a dual zone auto AC upgrade yet? :) especially into a tradesman/express? but into hearing SLT stories too...

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to my knowledge. The 8.4 factory single zone bezel was figured out by getupkid and others but not the dual zone version. You can install the dual zone with the custom harness and heater control module and all the functions show up but they have no effect when you push them. You would have to change so much to make it work and possibly need a sales code that probably couldn't be added to your truck that I think it would be a pretty daunting task if it even was possible.....

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
It is not worth it in the end. I am 75% sure I could pull it off but for the $500+ to do it, not worth it.

OP
OP
K

keen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is not worth it in the end. I am 75% sure I could pull it off but for the $500+ to do it, not worth it.

Thanks. Though for my purposes, 500-1000 would (maybe) be worth it to get it in a truck that couldn't ever have it. (ie, say a fleet color powerwagon, which can only be built as a tradesman - or any fleet color '13/14/early 15 tm or slt or bighorn, since AAC wasn't available at all on the SLT before mid/late feb '15 builds)

:)

I suspect the 8.4 upgrade would be required, since some of the controls are there...

and not to threadjack myself - but has the aftermarket figured out how to re-code vehicle order codes yet? I've done a lot of custom reprogramming (and deleting factory deleted options - ie adding them back) to my '13 mini GP. :)

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Thanks. Though for my purposes, 500-1000 would (maybe) be worth it to get it in a truck that couldn't ever have it. (ie, say a fleet color powerwagon, which can only be built as a tradesman - or any fleet color '13/14/early 15 tm or slt or bighorn, since AAC wasn't available at all on the SLT before mid/late feb '15 builds)

:)

I suspect the 8.4 upgrade would be required, since some of the controls are there...

and not to threadjack myself - but has the aftermarket figured out how to re-code vehicle order codes yet? I've done a lot of custom reprogramming (and deleting factory deleted options - ie adding them back) to my '13 mini GP. :)

You would basically have to redo 90% of all of the wiring in the cab along with possibly swapping the whole ac assembly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As CuylerTech stated you would have to put a whole new dual zone HVAC unit in for a true effect. The single zone only has 1 door for distribution to both sides, the Dual zone has 2 doors, one for the passenger side and one for the driver side. Then you have the electronics and programming to think about.

I am sure it could be done with time, money and expertise, but would probably be cheaper to buy a truck with it already installed