Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > 4th Gen DIY

4th Gen DIY

How To DIY Fold Flat Floor

This is a discussion on How To DIY Fold Flat Floor within the 4th Gen DIY forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
I whipped this up in a couple hours. Still need to figure out what I want to wrap them in ...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 12:22 AM   #21 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2017
Engine: 6.4
I whipped this up in a couple hours. Still need to figure out what I want to wrap them in and also a couple more tweeks and I'll be 100% happy with it
Attached Thumbnails
imag1137.jpg   imag1135.jpg   imag1136.jpg  

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
SwollenMonkey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:02 AM   #22 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: CTD
Very nice! That wood looks like high quality. Stain and poly could make it look like a piece of furniture.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:09 AM   #23 (permalink)

It was from home depot and surprising on of the cheapest only paid $15 for a 4x8 sheet. Wanted something real sturdy for my 80lbs dogs. Ha ha and I'm thinking it would look pretty awesome stained also but want something soft and slip free for the dogs

Old 01-09-2017, 09:03 AM   #24 (permalink)

Engine: 3.6 V6
That is a Great idea and see this is a older thread that was reborn for you guys that did this how are you holding up the seat bottom? Are you removing it or do you tie it off? I may have to do this I have a 2015 Quad cab bench seat

Old 01-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #25 (permalink)

Are you talking about lifting the actual seat or how to lift the FFF to access the storage compartments?

Old 01-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #26 (permalink)

Engine: 3.6 V6
Originally Posted by SwollenMonkey16 View Post
Are you talking about lifting the actual seat or how to lift the FFF to access the storage compartments?
I am talking about just the bottom bench seat~ I have lifted it up to store some straps etc / and did not try to see if it stay up on its own.. Right now it is 6* outside so not going to try it today :O I would like to know that if I did this to be sure bench would not fall down or if I have to remove it.. Anyone here still have a PDF file ?

Old 01-09-2017, 11:38 AM   #27 (permalink)

It stays up on its own. And I didn't use the PDF on here so I can't help you there. I actually just copied the OEM floor and modded it to fit.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Originally Posted by clifford15 View Post
Got my RAM 3500 Crew Cab a month ago and wanted to make the rear passenger compartment a little more user friendly for a pet carrier. A fold flat floor seemed like a good solution and a nice DIY project. Seeing a few online I took the plunge and got it done for $75 and some labor. I had some black vinyl from a previous project and black latex paint that is not included in the final cost. All parts came from Home Depot. The drawing shows part numbers and store location for my near by store so I would not have to search for the parts.

Here are some photos and a JPG of the AutoCad drawing.

The drawing. I have a PDF file but can't put it on Photo Bucket. The little strip at the back will have a couple of sheet metal brackets to fasten to the rear seat bolts. Right now i put strips of hook Velcro to keep it from moving around.

Floor stored with seat down.

Seat up with support leg folded.

Seat up with support leg up.

Lifted to access under seat storage.

Fold Flat Floor deployed.

This is awesome exactly what I am looking to do, would there be any chance you could send me some bigger picture of the measurements if not too much trouble? [email protected] thanks and nice work!
JB343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:59 PM   #29 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: diesel
Nice! I copied Clifford's pdf file. Im almost done just need to make a bracked to hold it in place. I tried to hard to make it perfect lol spent more then a couple hours on it. But it came out great, i would have changed a few dimensions for my own prefernces. But i like it. I Will post pictures soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
romansam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: diesel

Ignore the mess back there. My German Shepherd is constantly out doors with me in the mud and dirt, and he brings it all in with him (one of the reasons i needed this)
So i love this thing, bought a 15 dollar rug from HD and used contact cement to apply it to the wood, then used latex paint for the rest, i used spray paint for the hinges. I haven't made a bracket to secure it to the seat yet though. One thing i would change if i were to do it over is i would move the cup holder cutout back towards the back seat side of the FFF and push the whole FFF fowards towards the front seat, because as you can see with the current dimensions i have, i can not angle the FFF up with the seat all the way. I get about a 45 degree angle, this is because of the back of it, where it hinges to the seat, is to far back behind the back seat and FFF hits the bottom of the seat befor i can lay it flat with the underneath of the seat properly like a factory FFF, and then i would have to hold it up while putting things underneath, unlike how this others guys FFF can swing up and down alomg with the bench seat fine with no problems because his back hinges are in line with the bottom of the seat perfectly. But then if you do that, i dont think you could get the same width(from back seat to front seat) to the seats with it as i do now. If you make it any wider it is difficult to unfold it out without hitting your front seats (while fromt seat are in a comfortable position) so if it was wider you would have to move the front seats up and out of the way to fully unfold the FFF then move the front seats back to your normal position once its fully folded out. I dont post much on forums, sorry if my explanations dont make any sense. I tried to be very specific with it so i didnt confuse anyone, but i may have just made it worse haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
romansam is offline   Reply With Quote