How to: Replacing the lense on 13-17 Premium Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tunlrat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok guys this is my first attempt at a how to, so bare with me, I saw a few people asking how to replace their scratched lense on premium clusters so I figured I would show a quick how to.

First here is a pick of the tools I use, I've done a lot of iphone and tablet repairs so I've had these tools, but a pair of flat thin screw drivers will do just as well.

20170226_105057.gif

There are 10 clips around the cluster, the easiest way I found is to start by tabs that hold the cluster in the dash, place a flat tool between the white cluster and lens applying tension, this way when you start with the clips around the tab they stay open. slowly pry the clips open. do the 2 around the tab and then the one on the side. Then do the other side.

20170226_105229.gif

Then slowly turn over and do the four on the back start with the outside ones first and finish with the middle 2

20170226_105323.gif

If everything was done correctly the lens should come off.

20170226_105418.gif

If you need to get to the board for any reason there are 8 clips that you can pry with you finger they do not require a lot of force

20170226_105437.gif

To reassemble just do everything in reverse, I hope this helps someone out.

RamblinRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just did this using plastic trim tools. Started near the mounts as you suggested and just worked around the unit. Was much easier after getting the first two or three. I left the protective film on the new lens until the unit was remounted in the truck.