LED Fog light pods REVIEW / INSTALL PICS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ewaynek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the pics and instructions!

The brackets shown in the link you gave appear to be different from the brackets in your photo. Are they the same?

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I finally found a place locally that is an ICI supplier so I might tackle this project in the new year. Except I think I will go with the 18w LEDs

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Glad I came across this cause these stock lights suck on these dark back roads. Seems pretty straight forward to install.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad I came across this cause these stock lights suck on these dark back roads. Seems pretty straight forward to install.

Yep - just get the additional wiring pieces off ebay (think I spent like 12 bucks total on it) and wire the lights up so u can plug right into your stock wiring...then just the bolts you unscrew and pop the stock fogs off and put the new brackets and LEDs back on. Simple simple

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Yep - just get the additional wiring pieces off ebay (think I spent like 12 bucks total on it) and wire the lights up so u can plug right into your stock wiring...then just the bolts you unscrew and pop the stock fogs off and put the new brackets and LEDs back on. Simple simple

Still waiting on those output pics of just the floods and of just the beams! Lol

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok I'm trying to figure out what the connections are that have the green ends. They are not the 9006

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416785600855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416785600855.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 209
OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still waiting on those output pics of just the floods and of just the beams! Lol

Well, I took the floods out and put them on the back of the truck. I have just the spot beams on there now. My current project is trying to open the stock fog housing and mount the spot beams inside there lol. I'll get around to the pics once I settle on how I'm going to leave them lol

Ok I'm trying to figure out what the connections are that have the green ends. They are not the 9006

No no - the connection on the left (in my hand) is connected to the light. The connection on the right is what plugs in to that after you have wired the 9006 connection on the bare end. See the red and black wires just hanging out to right?? I know you're going to kick yourself in the ass after u read this lol

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok so when you buy those lights it comes the complete connection with bare wires to tie into. I couldn't find anything specific on there site as to kind of install pieces came with it.

Makes complete sense now. Would it be best to run all as spot light to use as a brighter alternate to stock. I don't want to be so bright I have to turn them off around traffic.

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so when you buy those lights it comes the complete connection with bare wires to tie into. I couldn't find anything specific on there site as to kind of install pieces came with it.

Makes complete sense now. Would it be best to run all as spot light to use as a brighter alternate to stock. I don't want to be so bright I have to turn them off around traffic.

Well, I adjusted my spots so that they are more pointed down and straight out. I ran them last night with plenty of traffic around and I didn't get flashed. If you run 2, I would imagine the result would be the same, just angle them correctly.

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have all the install hardware on the way but I'm not sure which lights to get, flood or spot.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are the spots alone effective as fog lights for additional visibility? If you ran the flood patterns, would the light pattern be too bright for oncoming traffic?

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have all the install hardware on the way but I'm not sure which lights to get, flood or spot.

I'm just running the spot beams currently and they work fine for me.

Are the spots alone effective as fog lights for additional visibility? If you ran the flood patterns, would the light pattern be too bright for oncoming traffic?

In my opinion yes, I would imagine running the floods at night would be too bright for oncoming traffic.

freshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered 4 led fogs and some yellow and amber lenses. Got 20% off my order, they have a sale on till Monday. Just need to order bracket. Got so many deals on lighting today. The retrofitsource and led concepts have deals too.

Valth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Will these brackets work the same on my style bumper lights holes I don't have the body kit on mine, just the chrome bumper, pretty sure the holes are different?

OP
OP
F

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will these brackets work the same on my style bumper lights holes I don't have the body kit on mine, just the chrome bumper, pretty sure the holes are different?

Anybody do this on a 2011?

Guys, read through this whole thread - the questions you're asking have already been answered lol. For you 2009-2012 guys, the RIGID INDUSTRIES brackets for the 2500 trucks, WILL FIT YOUR TRUCK!! There is another member on here running them on his 1500 and he said they bolted right up and fit perfect! So, you 09-12' guys, need the RIGID brackets for the 2500. :word:

e9muzik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just ordered the brackets and some 20w Spot (8deg) pods. Light output on each light is about 1600lm. I plan on putting a piece of clear Polycarbonate in front of them and tinting it slightly to reduce the strain on incoming traffic. However, if I aim them properly shouldnt have any problems

zane8000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
i just got mine installed and you werent kidding about them being a PIA to adjust.