Upgraded to the 8.4NA....need mic for hands free

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vito

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
OK...I never thought I'd want a mic but my Samung G5 if set on BT will ring and I cant answer the damned thing. Enough already I need a mic!!!

Is there a cheap whiz bang way to add a hands free mic to the 8.4NA radio?
Since I went from the R1 to the R4 there was never a mic anywhere and rear view mirror is your basic 1952 model.

I've seen some Mopar kits but geezus.....$250 bucks?
Can a mic just be soldered or spliced onto the exist wires then run into the driver's side pillar?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can add the factory mirror and harness. It's all plug and play. The manual dimming rearview mirror with mic is part# 6810284AA you can find them for around 50.00 at a wrecking yard. I recommend car-part.com. the harness is part # 6817293AE. This is around 25.00 from a dealer. The harness runs to the right and then to a plug behind your passenger side A pillar. This is a simple install. You can also add the phone switch to you steering wheel foe hands free calling but I am not sure what the part number us for that. There is no dealer code needed just plug it in and you are done. I think there is a,write up in the 4th gen D.I.Y

Last edited:

getupkid

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I have a few steering wheels with voice buttons, pm me if your interested

OP
OP
Vito

Vito

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I have a few steering wheels with voice buttons, pm me if your interested

Already did the steering wheel button conversion with radio controls.
Works awesome now.

Thanks anyway!
I used your harness mod BTW.

OP
OP
Vito

Vito

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
you can add the factory mirror and harness. It's all plug and play. The manual dimming rearview mirror with mic is part# 6810284aa you can find them for around 50.00 at a wrecking yard. I recommend car-part.com. The harness is part # 6817293ae. This is around 25.00 from a dealer. The harness runs to the right and then to a plug behind your passenger side a pillar. This is a simple install. You can also add the phone switch to you steering wheel foe hands free calling but i am not sure what the part number us for that. There is no dealer code needed just plug it in and you are done. I think there is a,write up in the 4th gen d.i.y

thanks!