Behind grill light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daardavark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For a while now I have wanted to get more lighting as I find that the aftermarket lights that my truck came with are pretty inadequate when offroad. That said I didn't really want to put a light bar in any of the traditional locations since I think they either look bad, block your vision, cast weird shadows or make your truck even higher (mine still fits in underground parking). Since my truck came with an aftermarket grill, I thought that behind it would be a great place to put a bar. I decided on a 32" bar since it would fit nicely in there.

20151210_111252_zps8e9glbpk.jpg

I had some brackets made up and used some holes that were already in the cross bar (I had to make the holes a little bigger to fit 1/4" bolts through)

20151210_111738_zpsx62sjfhh.jpg

I also had to hack away a bit of the plastic shielding that sits between the radiators so that the bar clears everything properly.

20151210_113924_zpsptx9d6sa.jpg

Here is the bar Installed. I'm going to clean everything up a bit still but the weather hasn't been co-operating (aka I've been too busy skiing). I plan on trimming the brackets and adding another bolt so they can't rotate and also painting them.

20151210_113946_zpssw5epbar.jpg

Here is the bar with the hood down.

Happy trails!

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Cool. With that grill you should get plenty of light. I have mine behind the grill as well and love them there.

OP
OP
D

daardavark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried it out this evening and it makes a huge difference compared to my normal headlights.