ground strap help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ive been having problems with my coils, I drove it to work yesterday and when I pulled up at home it started running really bad and trying to cut off. Today I went out to look at it and the valve cover on the drivers side is seeping oil I was looking at the bolts and on the third one from the front almost under the oil fill there is a ground strap, its about a inch long mounted to that valve cover bolt then has a metal clip that slides back down on top of the stud, theres no nut on it and I didn't see any other wires. its a 5.7 if anybody can post pictures of theirs that would be great.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll snap a good pic when I can. Hopefully the year differences aren't a lot

OP
OP
Reaper26

Reaper26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok thanks

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ended up running grounds everywhere. Got a roll of 10g strainded wire. Grounded the exhaust, tranny, both sides of engine, throttle body, and the ac compressor. All of a sudden my lights on my driver door switches work again and my throttle response is improved. Although I did not have the same symptoms as you, grounds are the most looked over solution to rough idle and scenarios such as yours. I would go and ground what ever you can it only helps does no harm and be amazed at what it helps.