Weird Wiring Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MWest208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Ok so today I finally got around to adding some interior LED's on my floor boards. Now when I wired this, I decided to run it straight from the battery and avoid messing with the fuse box since it is something I am not exactly familiar tapping into.
Well I ran a wire with an inline fuse to a switch in the cab, then wired 10 pre-wired leds in parallel throughout the floor.
The lights work great, but within a short period I noticed a few things stopped working. First it was the power windows, I checked the fuse box, pulled the fuse and put it back in... It worked right away, however, my girlfriend then noticed one of my running lights was out, and I noticed my key ring light was out as well. It was dark once I noticed this so I didn't look into the fuse box, but is anyone able to explain this?

Is this my battery being at max capacity? I do have a sub and amp wired also but that's it, and they are only 400w.
It had no issues with the amp/sub, I would be surprised if the low voltage of the leds would cause it to be at capacity.

Maybe it's a coincidence but seems weird to me.

Most of the reason I wired it to the battery was to avoid any issues with other components altogether.