new garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
So just got my first house and working on putting the garage together. looking for a recommendation on an air compressor. Plans for use is just general garage jobs, rotate tires using air tools, fill tires and such. Space is a little limited due to it only being a one car garage. I don't need it to be portable. For the most part it will stay in the garage.

Thanks for the replies.

Gunner Actual

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats!! Gotta love having a garage. I've got my bigger compressor ever, and it's about 6' tall. One of the red 240 volt they sell at home depot. Seems to work great but I modified the drain and gave it an L shaped pipe to a valve so I can drain it easily.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
awesome on the garage. the bigger the tank the less you have it running to fill when you are using...obviously LOL

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I've got a Campbell Hausfield in my garage. CT has them for 350$ ish and it seems to work well for what I use it for.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get the biggest compressor your budget can handle, then a little more.

Never once has it been said "Damn, I wish I had a smaller compressor".
Make a out building off the side of the garage and put it outside, plumb it in with iron pipe.

SuperBeaner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just bought a six gallon hitachi that has two ports for tools from Lowes. It's pretty sweet.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Looks good.. same size I have... they are nice and portable, and mine keeps up pretty good so long as I'm not spraying paint on anything... I don't know what they are worth, so I'll leave that for someone else to comment on.

HANKr

Banned
Reaction score
my neighbor has the setup in his garage with all the air hoses built in.....he spent quite a bit on it.