whats in your toolbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
What I would have in my tool box rather than my back seat since I don't have one would be my tow strap, extra fluids (p/s, coolant, oil, ect.) spare tire tools, rope, and some bailing wire (never had a vehicle that got me in a pickle that I saved myself with bailing wire). Plus a good thing to store bulky items when you have friends riding. Man, I need to get a tool box lol

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a tool bag with essential tools - combination wrench set, lots of pliers, hammer, screwdrivers, a large 1/4 inch ratchet set that is just the handiest thing, lots of misc tools. Anything I could think of I might need. 5 or 6 ratchet straps, a 36" pry bar. I also keep my inner frame hiking pack In the tool box. Couple bottles of heet, oil, antifreeze etc.. 50' of paracord. Under the back seat are my carhart bibs and one of my older carhart coats. Ice scraper.

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
300 piece socket set with 1/4 ,3/8/an 1/2...also a 3/4 inch set from 7/8 to 3inch .. 5ton bottle jack..jumper cables ..2 .20 foot tow straps.. 3lb hammer ..zip ties ..duck tape ..electrical tape..tie wire ..vice grips..wire snips ..4 pair of 11r s ..bull pins... weld hood an coat ...4 ratchet straps....4 foot pinch bar ..screw driver set ...an 3 sets of channel locks .. most tools i use for work so most of the time they are in my box

Last edited:

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
rachet straps, bungee straps, rubber boots, couple jacks, different hitches plus whatever else I can fit

tsg2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
fluids, straps, tool bag, machete, baseball bat, hitch, book bag, rubber boots, sledge, and tire iron. (guess i have a large selection if i get robbed)

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Fluids,ratchet straps, tow straps, d rings, hitch receivers, lots of tools, I think a bottle jack and a tent
Have an air tank and old battery under it too

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
mine is filled with tools and fluids but is in the backyard...took it out cuz it was a right squeeze for loading mx bikes, hunting stuff, 4 wheelers, etc. but I do miss the extra storage.

Tapatalk Addict

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
mine is filled with tools and fluids but is in the backyard...took it out cuz it was a right squeeze for loading mx bikes, hunting stuff, 4 wheelers, etc. but I do miss the extra storage.

Tapatalk Addict

Ah the nice part of an 8ft bed

tsg2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
agreed agreed, but its a tank in the parking lot lol

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I need a tool box but can't find a black one cheap enough to drop the cash on.
But I would have my tool bag with essential tools, flash lights, 50ft tow strap, electrical tape, wire strippers/crimpers, various butt connectors/wire/fuses, Chilton's manual, spare serpentine belt, gallon of coolant, couple quarts of oil, trans, and PS fluid, and tire tools. I think I got it all lol

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
O yeah I forgot fishing rods, fireworks and sometimes my smaller potatoe gun lol

Last edited:

Hammer_Z71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to dig out some recovery gear just last sunday to cut down some trees for the neighbor lady, so I have a pretty good recollection of what's in mine.

Recovery gear to include a couple snatch straps, a couple tow straps, about half a dozen shackles, a tree saver, a couple axle straps, a come-along and snatch block.

Mapp gas welding setup, 2 bottles of MAPP gas and about half a dozen 02 bottles. Spare tips, goggles and welding gloves.

El Cheapo Northern Tool 128 piece tool set, a couple of Harbor Freight wrench sets and various other tools.

A plastic milk crate overflowing with packages of soft plastic fishing lures left over from the days I was sponsored and fishing bass tournaments. A couple of spare spinning and baitcasting reels, about a dozen spools of various weight fishing line and a small amount of "overflow" fishing tackle that won't fit in my fishing bags.

A 1500 watt inverter, jumper cables, 12/24v battery charger, 12v air compressor, a couple of D cell Mag Lights, a Thermacell with a couple extra pads and CO2 cylinders, a couple of 12v plug to alligator clip adapters, portable igniters, a flint striker or two and a couple of adjustable bed cargo bars.

I guess that's about it...

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I need a tool box but can't find a black one cheap enough to drop the cash on.
But I would have my tool bag with essential tools, flash lights, 50ft tow strap, electrical tape, wire strippers/crimpers, various butt connectors/wire/fuses, Chilton's manual, spare serpentine belt, gallon of coolant, couple quarts of oil, trans, and PS fluid, and tire tools. I think I got it all lol

are you looking for metal or plastic?

I have a plastic one out of an S10. It fits below the bed so works for tonneau covers, plus it fits in between my roll bars. Picked it up at an auction for $10.

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I got all sorts of random crap. Tow straps, tie downs, a Craftsmen mechanics tool set, a tool box with a bunch of random tools in it, and a set of leveling spacers that I bought for my truck, but am not gonna use if anyone wants them, lol

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ice, lots of ice, and bud lights... I wish. :) Really a bunch of crap I don't need. My old muffler, a tarp I used to spray paint stuff on, couple ratchet straps, crow bar, I also keep a baseball bat back there just because you never know. and that really about sums it up!