04 1500 5.7 Ground strap location/Issues where do they go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I noticed that on my 02 1500 5.7 on the passenger side near the Cat/Manifold I have a broken ground strap that is bolted to a heat shield near the floor and it is broke, I can not see where it went to any ideas on this one?

I also have a ground strap that is bolted to each valve cover roughly in the middle, the strap is about 4 inched long and the it is just resting on the top of the stud that it is bolted to, where are these supposed to go? thanks

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi, I noticed that on my 02 1500 5.7 on the passenger side near the Cat/Manifold I have a broken ground strap that is bolted to a heat shield near the floor and it is broke, I can not see where it went to any ideas on this one?

I also have a ground strap that is bolted to each valve cover roughly in the middle, the strap is about 4 inched long and the it is just resting on the top of the stud that it is bolted to, where are these supposed to go? thanks
I don't know if you ever figured out the location of where this ground strap is attached since you posted your question 6 days ago but, if you have the ground straps that attach to the rocker covers then what I usually do with this particular ground is secure it to one of the screws that holds the PCM in place. Several Mopar vehicles over the years have had ground straps that are secured to the PCM case. Just make sure you have it attached to something to where it can provide a good, quality ground.