05 Dodge (full size) rock crawler/expedition build NEWBIE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
got the new PSC High Flow pump installed today with the remote res. in preps for the full hydro..

Attachments

• y2.jpg
    y2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 573
OP
OP
G

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Front Air Bumps installed in preps for the King coil overs.

Attachments

• air1.jpg
    air1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 597

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site

Tony :head3:

OP
OP
G

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Im trying... STILL waiting on my new Kings at all four corners to arrive....:)

OP
OP
G

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It is funny you mention that. I built the truck to tackle all the biggest trails out west, and to do the entire Baja Pennisula for a month. After 2 months out west wheeling Moab/Fordyce/Rubicon Trail/Alpine loop/ attending the KOH event/ Sugar Mountain/Area BFE,,,, I had a few dents in the doors from that huge trip.. THEN, I got together with a few friends to hit up Golden Mountain ORV park in Tenn, and proceed to bash in the doors so badly that it busted out BOTH door windows, and the rear glass, and flopped it 2 times.. All in a weekend of wheeling.. Freakin blast.

And did the most damage Busted PSC steering pump for the hydro assist. Broken front track bar, Snapped rear traction bar, and managed to catch a rock on both my rear calipers and break them off, so for most the weekend, I was wheeling with only front brakes.

That weeekend is what prompted me to go ahead and truggy the rig, with links, new Thuren Front track bar, fresh upgraded PSC pump, and to relocate the rear calipers to the top of the axle. I am going to put a BEATING on Golden Mountain the next time I wheel it... :)

Attachments

• flop1.jpg
    flop1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 102

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well thank's for sharing that awesome story with us. The good thing is you had a great time, and no one got hurt in the process.

This is some very serious modding on your truck and it looks bad ass. Your rig would be worthy of the XOR shop.

OP
OP
G

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks man. Tune me into this "starter button" you have in your Sig. I used to have one on my old buggy, but am interested to see how you set that up.

OP
OP
G

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
A fitting bumper sticker for the crawler:) LOLOLOLOLOL

Attachments

• balls1.jpg
    balls1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 102
OP
OP
G

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Front coilover conversion complete. Off to the rear.

Attachments

• so1.jpg
    so1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 93
  • so2.jpg
    so2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
G

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
And on the 97th day,,,,,,,God send me my rear shocks,,,,, and it was good!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
G

gun45boat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
SOOOOOOO.......... I go out and test out everything, and it flexes like a dream.... Then I am sitting at a stop light,,, and look around, and there is NO cops... SO I figured I would go ahead and arm the Nitrous system, and see how the rear axle/suspension will handle the full HP of a Stroked 6.4L hemi, with a 175hp shot of Nitrous (totaling maybe just over 650hp total with NOS) MAN!!!!!! did it do GREAT ,,, Layed rubber for about 30ft, and as soon as she struck 2nd gear BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shattered the passenger rear axle shaft :word::word:

Time to go Chromo :naughty::naughty:

Attachments

• aaaaa.jpg
    aaaaa.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 71

rgunn1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008, 2001
Engine
'08 CTD; '01 5.2
I'm pretty sure I passed you up on Tuesday crossing the Mississippi River Bridge in Baton Rouge. I was the red CTD with the black Softopper that honked at you. :)

It's pretty rare to see a built Ram like that going down the road. I've got an '01 that I've been working on continually (on and off) over the past several years... to the point that I've only really gotten to 'wheel it once. Gilmer, Texas, where I landed the body damage from bouncing into a tree. I'm in the middle of a D60/D80 swap at the moment, but I don't know if I'll ever finish it up amongst all of the other projects...

Regardless... Nice Truck! It was a real treat just to be able to see it.

(Flikr is not the best, but click on the link for a full size image)
13715586434_7d19a3dfda_s.jpgUntitled by rwgunn3, on Flickr

rgunn1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008, 2001
Engine
'08 CTD; '01 5.2
I am a firm believer that a built rig should have INSANE amounts of Body damage, just to remind yourself that you are not a fawking poser. I cant stand clean built rigs with no Rash (mall Crawlers) Sportin' 40" tires and big bumpers that are spotless....

I actually feel embarrassed to drive my build around town until Friday, because I feel like a poser.... I cant wait to hit a narrow trail and hit a large rock garden :):):) Leaving some white paint on some rocks to mark its territory:):)

Hahaha! And after we passed you up I spent the next 20 minutes explaining to my wife why you're rig was bad ass and not "ugly" as she termed it. I even pointed out the big white squeaky clean F250 stuck in traffic on the other side of the bridge. and explained to her what a "mall crawler" was. Too funny!

:superhack:

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You still located in Orlando?