08 running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colt 1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is a new one on me.
The running lights and dash lights on my 08 1500 just got weird. Totally random when I turn on the lights sometimes the running and dash lights would flicker. Headlights and brake lights were good. Sometimes they’d flicker and come on and be fine. For months. Sometimes flicker and go off. I’d turn the lights off and on and everything is fine. Sometimes they’d com on next time I started the truck. Sometimes they’d be off till the next day.
Any ideas on this one?

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It sounds like the switch. If you can remove it, clean it up with some good electrical contact cleaner, let it dry and give it a try. Being a 2008 I'm sure it has had a lot of use..

seanclark1503

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
Head light switch is most likely the culprit. Although it may only be a connection/connector issue. When it flickers, I’d say wiggle your connection to the switch and instrument cluster or harness(es) to see if you can find it that way .