2007 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi dual exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dadsram64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys I’m looking to put duals on my truck and need help with the size I need. It’s a 07 hemi 5.7. I need to know what size exhaust I need? 2.5” or 3”. Any help would be greatly appreciated
This is what I’m thinking of getting

Attachments

• IMG_6531.jpeg
    IMG_6531.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 2

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My first new vehicle was a 2007 Dodge Ram. I went with a single in, dual out Flowmaster 40. 2.5 in pipes to the tips. That wasn't loud enough, so I went back and a turn down tip put on right behind the muffler. I still wanted something a little more aggressive, so I ordered an Aero Exhaust AT4040. I kept it dumped right after the muffler. I loved the sound it provided. There was a little drone when the MDS kicked in, but a Superchips took care of that.

I don't think Aero Exhaust is still in business, but I went with a Carven Exhaust R Performance muffler on a 2015 model I had, and it sounded just as good. It didn't seem quite as loud, but I think that was because I kept the factory tips in the bumper instead of having a turn down tip right after the muffler.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2.5” is plenty for duels , while 3” is good for single.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3" feeding to dual 2.5" is plenty big enough for your RAM. I do not recommend the Flowmaster kits. They are aluminzed steel which will rust out quickly in your area. you get what you pay for and there is a reason why that full catback is so cheap. Also the 40 series is a chambered muffler which has been proven to rob power.

Message me if you would like to discuss options and pricing.

Last edited: