2007 Ram, Radio Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spydermann11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2007 Dodge Ram, I have the 6 disc GPS radio with Bluetooth. Suddenly the stereo system doesn't work.
The issue is that it will not put out any sound. If i turn the unit off and on a few times and the volume is very low it will have sound, the radio will work, or cd, ore blue-tooth. As soon as I turn it up even very slightly, the sound cuts out. Once in a while it will make a very loud buzzing like it is shorting out.
The problem seems to have started when I was using the blue-tooth and ended a call as I shut the truck off and got out. It never worked right again. I don't know how this would have started any issues.
I do have aftermarket speakers, 5" rounds (only 2) and did not have the volume up during the last time it worked correctly..
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance...

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Do you have the Kicker upgrade or the infinity system??? To check for either remove the glove box and look above it and to the left. If there is an amplifier there that may be the problem. It kind sounds like its new stereo time.

EOD_Tex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the same stereo in my 07 and it would sometimes buzz or "freeze" like that, but not exactly like yours is doing. I ended up just replacing it with a Pioneer NAV unit because the disc changer died on me also. Like MegaMouse said, it kinda sounds like yours is an amp problem...these stereos have built in amps/crossovers depending which one you've got and I know a few guys who had them die.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Mine died last year. Stopped taking the discs, and then no music at all at any volume level. I replaced mine with a kentwood head unit and a custom amp/sub system. Much better now.

OP
OP
S

spydermann11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks guys. I haven't taken a look at the unit yet but sounds like it will need replacing..