2012 5.7 starting problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JOe G

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
My 2012 has 79,000 miles on it, mostly local so lots of starts. On two recent occasions after no problem starting on initial morning starts, and after driving a short distance, I have stopped the engine for a few minutes and then when putting the key in the ignition the key will not turn and will not let me remove it. After setting with the key in the ingnition it will allow a nrmal start. I checked the battery in the key,which was fine, and even started using the key that I had never used but it did it again. Is this most likely the WIN module? I tested the truck battery which is good.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When you checked the battery, was a LOAD TEST performed? You really want it L/T'ed. Also make sure the cable connections are super-good & the grounds to body/engine. I'd remove the battery cables & clean the terminals to be sure. Not being able to remove the key kind of points to a bad battery connection like you were looking at. But it could be the module. Do a youtube search for WIN module and several will come up.

Good luck! :waytogo:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat