2013 RAM 1500 5.7 - Which spark plugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stringer45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
im reading in places that NGK 92145 (is the way to go, and other areas of forum that say use the copper "mopar" plugs which i assume is the SPLZFR5C11. And that the coil you have may, or may not, come into play when choosing a plug.

my owners manual does say to change out plugs every 30k. am i to assume then that they are copper? id rather not go outside and start pulling things apart until i get the new parts in.

ive seen a few ewtube videos and did not see anyone using a dielectric grease. is using this just not beneficial?

i did order the gearwrench 80546 per advice on threads i came across here.

which plugs should i buy u think? id rather not have to change them every 30k if possible

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
copper every 30k, if you want 100k mile plugs you need upgrade coil packs, but do those plugs really last 3 times as long? stay where you are at imo, btw see how the plugs are doing many guys can go over 30k.

yes dielectric grease is great, just make sure it only gets on porcelain and not the top of the plug, less is more. Get in on top of plug might misfire. It's all about location and condition of plugs, if plugs are prestine, no need for d-grease. If there is an issue with stray current and pocrelian is burnt up, for sure use it.

Other thing is anti seize, I personally like to use a thin coating on plugs for next time, personal choice.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What ever you do,don't buy plugs off Amazon or Ebay,both places are flooded with cheap Chinese knock-off plugs,either buy from your local auto parts store or Rock Auto. Follow Burla's advice about the di-electric grease and anti-seaze on the threads

OP
OP
Stringer45

Stringer45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
ok good advice thanks to all

yeah i got a conterfeit set of ac delco plugs from amazon about ten years ago. plugs about melted, lucky did not damage anything.

name of seller was "hope for a cure" . never again. rock auto or local parts store for these

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
RockAuto normally has the best price & quick delivery

notice, spark plug SPLZFR5C11
the first 2 digits, SP , means Spark Plug.
Drop those letters & you get
LZFR5C11 is made by NGK

NGK also makes the Iridium Spark Plugs for the Mopar brand

Last edited:

DAK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LZFR5CI-11 is the NGK Iridium for our trucks

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Online mechanic tips YouTube channel said that mopar spark plugs are just relabeled champion because mopar doesnt make spark plugs