2015 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Big horn lift ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Djbmazz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hello all,

For starters, my name is Bill, new to the page, nice to meet you all. I have a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500. I love my truck. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Mostly stock, put an flowmaster exhaust on when i bought it so you could hear it purr. Looking within the year to do a lift kit or leveling kit. I’m stuck between the two. Reason being, different people say different things. I have a customer of mine that has the same truck, and put a leveling kit on his and fit 35s which is great! But he said doing the leveling kit you need to change the upper control arms as well? Which if that’s true it puts me more toward doing the suspension lift instead, because you gotta change them anyway. Anyone done either? Looking to hear feedback about both. Complications? Things i should look for? Thought about doing a 6” rough Country suspension lift. Hope to hear your input and ideas . Thank you

NoMPG2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forum. When doing a leveling kit you should not need to replace the upper control arms. Second, most lifts still use the factory upper and lower control arms. The only part that you will replace is the knuckle. Do your research on your lifts. watch videos.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

For starters, my name is Bill, new to the page, nice to meet you all. I have a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500. I love my truck. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Mostly stock, put an flowmaster exhaust on when i bought it so you could hear it purr. Looking within the year to do a lift kit or leveling kit. I’m stuck between the two. Reason being, different people say different things. I have a customer of mine that has the same truck, and put a leveling kit on his and fit 35s which is great! But he said doing the leveling kit you need to change the upper control arms as well? Which if that’s true it puts me more toward doing the suspension lift instead, because you gotta change them anyway. Anyone done either? Looking to hear feedback about both. Complications? Things i should look for? Thought about doing a 6” rough Country suspension lift. Hope to hear your input and ideas . Thank you
If you level your truck using the Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks you do not need to replace the upper control arms. The Bilstein shock keeps your suspension operating within its factory parameters so there is no unnecessary strain put on the upper ball joint. Some people use a spacer to lift the front of their truck and it is not recommended. There are several videos posted about this plus sections on the forum that strongly recommend NOT using a spacer to level the truck. There are also other companies such as Rancho and I believe Procomp that sell pre-assembled lifting struts which also work well but I believe the maximum lift they provide is 2.5" and they're not adjustable like the Bilstein 5100 is. There are some people who have installed the Mevotech upper control arms along with the Bilstein 5100 shock for extra insurance but I have not heard of anybody having any problems at all with the Bilstein 5100 and stock upper control arms. I had my truck leveled with the 5100's for two years before I decided to go ahead and put a 6" lift on it and I had absolutely zero issues. I ended up going with the BDS 6" lift. The quality of the BDS lift was extremely good but I still feel was overpriced. If I had it to do over again I would go with a Zone or an RCX. If you end up leveling a truck with the Bilstein shocks and then later decide to lift it you can still keep the Bilstein 5100 shocks as they are totally adjustable. You can just move them down to a lower notch. Also remember it's important to have your truck aligned as soon as possible after you level it or left it in your suspension will be way out of adjustment.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Started out leveling with bilsteins. Then added a zone 6" on top of the level. I love the way my truck sits and drives. I have a 2011 bighorn. I have had zero issues so far with my lift. I would check out superlift, zone, or bds. RCX is on the lower end of lifts for these trucks. Welcome! There is aTON of info on this forum about lifting/leveling your truck. Look around and reach out to the memebers here. Everybody is pretty willing to help out, as we all started with the same questions. In regards to the UCA's, you dont have to upgrade them, but a lot of guys will for the added insurance. Especially if you plan on doing an of roading.

20170305_151629_resized.jpg

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
6” RCX here as well. Still running the stock upper control arms with no issues.
Will be adding bilstein 5100’s at some point though. My front has dropped a little due o the weight of the winch I put behind the bumper.
9b1462f53197b4da1f80d78f70a9434b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat