2015 Projectors - which HID Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So, I have been reading up on a lot of the HID threads. But, it appears the 2015 model are the most finicky. I have the factory projectors, so LED bulbs are a no go.

I am down to two kits at the moment, but unsure of what else is needed:

- DDM Plus CANBUS HID kit 32W: Its $80.95 which is amazing its thats cheap, will this work on my 2015, and do I need anything else to install these? Any anti-flicker modules, or anything else?

- Diode Dynamics Low Beam HID Conversion Kit for 2013-2015 Ram Projector: Its $150.00 but has a 9006 anti-flicker module +$30, which I presume I dont need because I am 9012? Or do I need this module regardless of my bulb?

Any experience and advice is appreciated.
Thank you!
Nathan

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I have been reading up on a lot of the HID threads. But, it appears the 2015 model are the most finicky. I have the factory projectors, so LED bulbs are a no go.

I am down to two kits at the moment, but unsure of what else is needed:

- DDM Plus CANBUS HID kit 32W: Its $80.95 which is amazing its thats cheap, will this work on my 2015, and do I need anything else to install these? Any anti-flicker modules, or anything else?

- Diode Dynamics Low Beam HID Conversion Kit for 2013-2015 Ram Projector: Its $150.00 but has a 9006 anti-flicker module +$30, which I presume I dont need because I am 9012? Or do I need this module regardless of my bulb?

Any experience and advice is appreciated.
Thank you!
Nathan

Never tried either. But I have the Morimoto xb 55w HIDs with the mopar specific harness and they work fine. I’d imagine the same for diode dynamics ram kit. ddm I wouldn’t go for. If there’s one thing I’ve learned it’s that you really get what you pay for when it comes to lighting products. You need a company that will back their product and have a good warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Never tried either. But I have the Morimoto xb 55w HIDs with the mopar specific harness and they work fine. I’d imagine the same for diode dynamics ram kit. ddm I wouldn’t go for. If there’s one thing I’ve learned it’s that you really get what you pay for when it comes to lighting products. You need a company that will back their product and have a good warranty.

Thanks - the only thing I didnt like about the Morimoto kit is the extra fuse relay you have to hookup. If the Diode Dynamics performs well, and doesnt need it, then that is one less item to have to mount, wire, troubleshoot, etc...

Appreciate the heads up on the DDM. I thought the price was pretty cheap myself.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks - the only thing I didnt like about the Morimoto kit is the extra fuse relay you have to hookup. If the Diode Dynamics performs well, and doesnt need it, then that is one less item to have to mount, wire, troubleshoot, etc...

Appreciate the heads up on the DDM. I thought the price was pretty cheap myself.

You definitely want as few components as possible for sure.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I reccomend the DDM tuning. Had no problems with mine. Just mske sure you order the kit that comes with anti flicker.
I have the H1 kit in my aftermarket projectors, and when i install my factory projectors i bought, I will buy a DDM tuning set for them. Cant beat the price and quality.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hylux canbas ballast from TRS or lightwerkz.. quality fires up on the first every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
N

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
I have xenon depot canbus hylux kit. No relays needed with their canbus/capacitor link. I tried the diode dynamics canbus/capacitor and they flickered. No problems with the xenon depot kit. My drive to work is 30 mins with them on.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Relays with resistors waste energy and honestly less efficient and probably less reliable in my opinion.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know the color temp for stock led fogs on the Rebel?

Deciding between the morimoto kit and diode dynamic myself and want to try and match colors.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know the color temp for stock led fogs on the Rebel?

Deciding between the morimoto kit and diode dynamic myself and want to try and match colors.

The rebel has led fogs so they’ll be hard to match with HID but I’d go with maybe 5500k possibly even 6500k

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those who use the morimoto kit... do you use/need/recommend the carbon fiber brackets ?

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those who use the morimoto kit... do you use/need/recommend the carbon fiber brackets ?

No don’t get them

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why do you say that?

Also how long have you had ur kit?

Because it already comes with mounting brackets the carbon fiber ones are just for appearance and more than likely your ballasts will be hidden.

I have had my kit since April of 2017 and had them in my charger also and they lasted about 3 years but then I sold the car so idk if they’re still working or not.

c4043aa744f2813200e91915b133b8f1.jpg

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Because it already comes with mounting brackets the carbon fiber ones are just for appearance and more than likely your ballasts will be hidden.

I have had my kit since April of 2017 and had them in my charger also and they lasted about 3 years but then I sold the car so idk if they’re still working or not.

c4043aa744f2813200e91915b133b8f1.jpg

Thanks for all the info.