2015 Ram 1500 Mods help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone. Newbie here. I just got my truck back last weekend after having a lift installed and some new wheels/tires put on, along with some other exterior mods.

I am looking at purchasing performance mods now. I know that a tune is supposed to be the best bang for your buck, but is that really the case for the 2015? Is there anyone on here that can comment on getting the Diablo/Hemifever combo for their 2015 Ram 1500? How are you liking it so far? I know it cost more due to having to purchase a new ECU with it. That isn't my issue as much as the fact that the transmission can't be tuned.

So after hours upon hours of research, here is what I am leaning towards doing with my truck. I know everyone's opinions may vary on this, but I am simply wanting to know if this is a good combo for a 2015, due to its tuning limitations.

Performance Mods:
Mufflex DOD18M
Vararam Air Grabber Intake (Hemi Orange) - This just looks cool as hell! Any other benefits will just be a bonus!:favorites13:
and lastly, I may get the 87mm throttle body.

Note: I am currently running:

4" Mopar/Superlift kit w/ Bilstein struts/shocks
35x12.50x20 Mickey Thompson Baja atz p3

Thank you for your feedback.

Attachments

• After.jpg
    After.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,926

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I would go with a tuner. It makes the truck alot more fun to drive. It's a completely different truck after a hemifever tune and if theyever come out with tranny supportforthe 8 speed I'm surely you have to do is email hemifever and he will send you a new tune.

My 2014 has the 8 speed so I'm in the same boat just 500 buck cheaper

You don't really need the throttle body especially if you are just doing a vararam

I have the 14" magnaflow, Vararam, ported throttle body, and tuner. Still gotta do headers. I love my truck and the performance. It's not bad for a 5000lb brick

Great looking truck you have there

Last edited:

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow your truck looks damn good!!!! Sorry can't help with any advice because I'm in love with your truck haha.

OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow your truck looks damn good!!!! Sorry can't help with any advice because I'm in love with your truck haha.

Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with it myself. I didn't sleep the night before picking it up. The shop had my truck for about 4 days, so I was getting pretty anxious. Haha

Maximum Steel is a beautiful color in the sunlight. Here is a picture I took of it the same evening as the first picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 753
OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go with a tuner. It makes the truck alot more fun to drive. It's a completely different truck after a hemifever tune and if theyever come out with tranny supportforthe 8 speed I'm surely you have to do is email hemifever and he will send you a new tune.

My 2014 has the 8 speed so I'm in the same boat just 500 buck cheaper

You don't really need the throttle body especially if you are just doing a vararam

I have the 14" magnaflow, Vararam, ported throttle body, and tuner. Still gotta do headers. I love my truck and the performance. It's not bad for a 5000lb brick

Great looking truck you have there

Thanks for the input. Sounds like you are happy with the tuner, even with its trans limitations. Out of curiosity, is there any discussion from Diablo in regards to them actively attempting to crack into the 8-speed transmission?

One item I forgot to mention was the billet catch can. Is this a hemi thing? Anyone using them? If you install one, does it get cleaned out with every oil change, and if so do I need to inform the tech? im showing how mechanically handicap I am now. Haha.

Oh and I have been on the fence between the 14" and 18" mufflex all week!!! I know that's a subjective category. YouTube does a good job showing how they sound, but not so much how loud they are. Both are great IMO.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Alot of people here use a catch can. Just empty it yourself. Depending on which one you get either you just unscrew the bottom and dump it or some have a valve you can open to drain in. I have to empty mine in between oil changes usually

OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alot of people here use a catch can. Just empty it yourself. Depending on which one you get either you just unscrew the bottom and dump it or some have a valve you can open to drain in. I have to empty mine in between oil changes usually

Ok. Thanks.