2017 Ram 1500 Lone Star - slight lurching/cluck after stop then accelerating.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 8 speed tranny, Lone Star Silver edition. After braking coming to a stop, and then letting off the brake to hit the accelerator there is thump and the truck feels as though it jumps forward a little. This happens every time I’m stopping and then throttling up the truck.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 8 speed tranny, Lone Star Silver edition. After braking coming to a stop, and then letting off the brake to hit the accelerator there is thump and the truck feels as though it jumps forward a little. This happens every time I’m stopping and then throttling up the truck.

Known issue with these trucks.
My 19 classic 1500 is just starting to do it at 9700 miles. My previous truck (17 1500) dealer replaced the driveshaft, on this one I am going to lube the driveshaft slipjoint under the boot and see how it goes.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Sorry for the trouble @JRDog & @Ramm5.7. If at any point you decide to address this with your dealers, our team is just a private message away and more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf for further support.

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
JRDog

JRDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you; that's nice to know you've got our backs

OP
OP
JRDog

JRDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@Ramm5.7 - do you know if that drive shaft replacement was covered under power train warranty? Was there anything specific you or they pin pointed that if this is covered I might use when speaking to my dealer so it's quick and concise? When you say you're going to lube the driveshaft slip joint under the boot.. is that in the center of the drive shaft assembly or on the ends? My old 2007 Dodge RAM never had this issue so now I'm concerned of what might happen if this issue is left unattended?

Thank you.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@JRDog, slipjoint on mine is in the center.
As far as dealer I had gone a couple of times for different things and kept pointing out the thunk. I guess finally it got some attention from a tech, like must of drove and felt it. Service writer called me and said they were swapping shafts so needed truck another day.

OP
OP
JRDog

JRDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks a ton. Great help/Guidance. I’ll speak to them and see how receptive they’re to check it out.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93