2018 ram with ABS problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clamby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L diesel
I have a 2018 dodge ram with an abs issue , code shows abs module faulty. Is there any recall for this problem

Dutra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the club. Unfortunately no recall on this you will be out of pocket unless you have the extended warranty. Do a search on these forums for a fix. I did mine not to long ago.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Had mine done about 8 or 9 months ago. Cost me about $650 at my buddies garage. Hard part is finding a new module. They are backordered and have been very hard to find

Dutra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Part is now $450 on ebay for new. I paid a lot more than that

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
The reason they are hard to find is there was a recall on them. I had an 18’ and had it replaced in 20’.
Maybe not a recall but a lot of them going out. I had to wait a couple of weeks for them to get the part.

Last edited:

StaggleB1111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hello. After you all had your new modules installed (or installed them), did you need to get them programmed? I have received 2 different quotes/explanations from well reviewed shops nearby. 1 saying that all I need to do is bring a used module and he'll put it in for labor costs. the other shop is stating that he can get a salvage yard part (30 day warranty), labor, + programming for $1500. Obviously i'd love to get a new module but can't really find one since they are backordered but need to get the truck fixed ASAP. I can't seem to find a direct answer here or on Youtube that explains the entire process and troubleshooting. Thanks!

PatrickG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine went out a couple weeks ago on a C-2200-49 (internal electrical failure in the module). I followed a YouTube video on how to troubleshoot the ABS module circuit board. I found what seems to be a faulty (shorted) rectifier switch on the circuit board. I ordered the $3.00 part. Hopefully this is the fix. If it is, I saved a ton of money. If not, I'm out $3.00. I'll follow up with this thread if it worked or not.

One thing to note (if you want to go this route) the ABS module is sealed (no screws or rivets). I had to cut through the sealant that seals the case lid.