2019 RAM 2500 what is best replacement battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vasi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A few hours after parking my truck, I attempted to start it. It did not start. Heard a 'pop,' then blank screens. Battery Status screen showed 9.9 volts.

The truck was near to my RV trailer, so I plugged in the trailer, thinking I could use trailer power to start. I don't know either system well enough to know if that would work our not. It did not start.

1. Can the truck electrical system utilize the seven-point connecter as a source of power?

I had a deal battery a few years ago and plugged in the trailer. The solar power system charged the truck battery. The trailer is connected into the truck via the seven point connector. So far, the battery is not charging.

2. Am I correct in that if the solar power system on the trailer is not charging the truck battery, as it has in the past, that the battery will not charge and needs to be replaced?

3. Does the replacement battery need to be an OEM?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Just buy a brand name Battery of your choice,
either Lead Acid or AGM
You will want at least H7 battery size

Do you always park in the same place where you live ?
I would run power out to that location, if you own the property.
( under ground is best )
That way you can have power for both the trailer & your truck, then buy a Battery Tender, https://www.batterytender.com/battery-chargers
====================

By the way, those members that have mentioned that Johnson Controls makes several brands of batteries, that is no longer the case,
Johnson Controls sold off everything Automotive related.
A company that goes by the name of
Brookfield Business Partners L.P. bought the Automotive branch & named the company Clarios

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I just had one of mine fail so I opted to replace both (diesel truck so there's 2).
Best deal and decent battery with a nationwide easy exchange replacement with a 4 year warranty was the AGM from Walmart. Anywhere else would of cost me alot more with only a 3 yr warranty.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Oh and to answer your other question, I severely dead battery like yours will not charge or atleast in any short time frame while being plugged in to the camper. The little charge wire in the plug cannot carry enough required amps to bring it back from the dead. If plugged in though it can maintain a good battery.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put in a H8, knock out the plastic plug on the bottom of the battery tray to accommodate the larger battery and AGM is the best battery to choose!

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I just had one of mine fail so I opted to replace both (diesel truck so there's 2).
Best deal and decent battery with a nationwide easy exchange replacement with a 4 year warranty was the AGM from Walmart. Anywhere else would of cost me alot more with only a 3 yr warranty.
Same here, Both batteries tested "good" through 3 different testers @3 different franchises and even the HF tester that I got. I even bought a reconditioner/tester charger and still can't determine which one went bad. This is why I went AGM and Wally had the best prices and longest warranty. This winter will tell. And yes, on the sub freezing nights I had the truck on a 6A charger.

OP
OP
vasi

vasi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A friend bought cables and he came to my place and we jumpstarted the truck. The ruck idled for an hour and the battery seemed good and I was able to restart it.

This morning the battery was low. The engine came close to starting. I hooked up the trailer, and after a few attempts, the engine started. I went to O'Reilly's and bought an AGM battery.

I read the reply that mentioned Walmart. I wanted the battery installed for me. And the O'Reilly's person installed it.

The engine light remained illuminated for less than an hour. The backup and forward did not work and the color options I selected did not show my selection. I drove about thirty minutes to the gun range. The cameras did not work until I left the gun range a few hours later. The color scheme also returned to my selection.

BLUEDERANGO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Interstate AGM seems to be the overall best choice for these trucks. If you are a COSCO member the price is reasonable.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Costco -here in Canada far and away the best warranty. In the States the warranty isn't as good. Have their batteries in everything I own.

Kirkland Signature Automotive (flooded battery)​

0-to48 months - Free replacement
49-to66 months - 50% refund based on purchase price
67-to100 months - 25% refund based on purchase price

Energizer AGM & Unbranded AGM​

0-to60 months - Full refund based on purchase price
61-to80 months - 50% refund based on purchase price
81-to100 months - 25% refund based on purchase price