2019 REM REBEL Drowned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abdullah

Reaction score
Ram Year
hi guys , I hope I can find some answer for my issues
I'm working trying to fix this rebel that I got for a steal price , it was drowned in a river and the water level got up to the front seat level height . because I got this REBEL so cheap , I decided to work on it , first I started with the engine, than the transmission and serviced all the mechanicals unites in it , which to my luck all was good and running fantastic . then I decided to buy all the modules that had water damage which run me $1500 + $800 for the truck , so I'm still happy with it so far .

after installing all the modules I know the old BCM has to be replaced , here were I'm stuck , with the original BCM hooked up , I'm able to start the truck and drive it around the neighborhood , but i have all the lights on my cluster on , so it came to replace the BCM from another RAM it wont prompt me even to switch to ACC mode on the push button .

I know that the BCM that I'm trying to install has to be re-flushed , for my diagnostic tool I'm using the autel ms908, I also have the 12+8 cable for the SGM (security gateway module ) I need to find out how can I reprogram the new BCM so I can get the truck running as new !!!

any suggestion and tips will be appreciated

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I know that the BCM that I'm trying to install has to be re-flushed , for my diagnostic tool I'm using the autel ms908, I also have the 12+8 cable for the SGM (security gateway module ) I need to find out how can I reprogram the new BCM so I can get the truck running as new !!!

any suggestion and tips will be appreciated

You'll probably need to take it to a dealership but they may not want(or be able) to flash a used BCM to your truck.
Given your location I'm guessing a dealership might be a stretch, you could try using AlfaOBD to match the BCM to the truck's VIN which is possibly causing the problems. There probably other configuration changes that need to be made to match what the truck is equipped with.

OP
OP
A

Abdullah

Reaction score
Ram Year
thanks crazykid1994
You'll probably need to take it to a dealership but they may not want(or be able) to flash a used BCM to your truck.
Given your location I'm guessing a dealership might be a stretch, you could try using AlfaOBD to match the BCM to the truck's VIN which is possibly causing the problems. There probably other configuration changes that need to be made to match what the truck is equipped with.
the dealer wont look into the truck and I cant find any tech support from them , I've heard about AlfaOBD , I'm willing to get it if its a user friendly program !!!

can you confirmer if it supports BCM rewrite or flashing ?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
can you confirmer if it supports BCM rewrite or flashing ?
I know you can change parameters on the BCM as I've done quite a few mods on my '15 and there's probably a few hundred on this forum alone that have used it in a wide variety of years of trucks to make changes.
You may want to contact the AlfaOBD developer if it's possible to change the VIN of the BCM

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
are you on Facebook? There is a page dedicated that may be of help

Attachments

• 137F2505-9AFC-4DB1-9BCE-1E77C3560616.png
    137F2505-9AFC-4DB1-9BCE-1E77C3560616.png
    311.1 KB · Views: 5

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would imagine that there is not support for American made vehicles over there in Oman.

There are several Youtube videos on how the ALFAOBD tool works
both with Android & Iphone devices

OP
OP
A

Abdullah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ok guys , I’ve emailed AFLAOBD and explained my problem with the BCM to them their feedback was :

I can do many configurations to set up the replacement control modules with AlfaOBD, but at the moment the app doesn’t have some important features needed to install the used control modules. For example, VIN programming is missing for BCM, without the VIN programming the BCM will throw wrong VIN fault and the functionality will be limited.

So now I need to find out how can I clone the original BCM to the junkyard BCM ???

If anyone have any ideas , please share . I’ll be doing more research on the net to find A solution to my problem .

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
For example, VIN programming is missing for BCM, without the VIN programming the BCM will throw wrong VIN fault and the functionality will be limited.
What's interesting is the guy in the video you linked appears to do this exactly, write the VIN to the BCM. Maybe AlfaOBD is not capable of overwriting an existing VIN. You might need to aquire a new BCM, just an idea.