2020 5500 transfer case issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hambone3293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Twice I have had my 5500 Ram go into neutral in the transfer case(electric shifted trans case and aisin trans) while going down the road in 2H. The transfer case will not go back into 2H, but 2nd time it went into 4L. Each time I let off the accelerator and when stepped back down on throttle the trans case was in neutral, there has never be a noise or vibration. The first time the dealer replaced the trans case and it worked for approx 400 miles then same issue now at a different dealer and the factory is advising to replace trans case and transmission(1600 miles on truck) just wanting to know if anyone else has had similar issue. The only code U-0415-00 which is implausible data from abs. Will add first time was doing approx. 80 mph second time 35 mph and both time just towing 3500 lbs boat. Each time I have been hundreds of miles from home so have not been able to sample oil, or check anything out.