2022 Ram 2500 6.4 Wheel well liners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bigspender101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Memi
When I ordered my 2021 wheel well liners were a selectable option. I ordered them but they do have less coverage than the ones on my 1996 2500. Still, way better than the ones I have looked at that don't have them.
Yeah it seems that without the full coverage, rock chips are inevitable

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Here are the pictures of the rear and front. It's raining here so excuse the crappy and dirty pictures. Also if I am not mistaken it looks like the front does have a liner?
Yes, basically the same as mine. Pretty much a full liner in the front, but only 2 partial liners in the back in front of and behind the tire but nothing over the top below the bed.

OP
OP
B

Bigspender101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Memi
Yes, basically the same as mine. Pretty much a full liner in the front, but only 2 partial liners in the back in front of and behind the tire but nothing over the top below the bed.
It's kind of strange they do that. You would think it would be standard for both to be full liners. But I guess that's how manufactures get Ya!

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
During part shortages they found out they could still sell trucks for the same price without the liners, so they got the bright idea to see if they could only add them to higher trims and it seems to work so far as people are still buying them this way...

OP
OP
B

Bigspender101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Memi
I went to the Ram website to see if the liners were an option now and sure enough they are. I did a build and its and option for $195 just for the rear. So I guess I can move on from my rant about the wheel liners. LOL!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 4.52.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 4.52.20 PM.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 5

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Soon, you'll have to optionally buy tires and seats. It's ridiculous that the cost of the upper trim models is approaching $80k, but you don't get wheel well liners, all metal in the cab is left 'in the white', etc.
Yeah it's getting ridiculous! They should only be an option on the Tradesman. Same with floor mats. That is an option at around $350. As you said... as much as these things are now they should come with a whole hell of a lot more! :mad: You are wrong on one thing... they are not approaching 80K they have gone well past that. When I bought my srw 3500 last year, Limited duallies were well past 100k. Never thought I would see the day when a pickup was that much. This truck of mine cost as much as my first house.

parnona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I ordered them on my ‘24 Ram 2500 Big Horn. They are an option for the Big Horn but they are not an option for the Laramie. I’m not sure about the Tradesman or anything above the Laramie.

Adam
I bought a '24 2500 Tradesman level 2 package group off of the lot and it has the front wheel liners but not the rear ones. I plan to pick up a pair and install them either OEM or 3rd party.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
During part shortages they found out they could still sell trucks for the same price without the liners, so they got the bright idea to see if they could only add them to higher trims and it seems to work so far as people are still buying them this way...
When I ordered my 2023 last January I never even gave it a thought as it just seems like something that would automatically be included like, say, tires. If it was part of an optional package, I still wouldn't have gotten them because I didn't get any options on mine when I bought it. I got this RAM for the towing and cargo capacity...period.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
The way water and salt/water mist migrates ,rises and settles into low spots, it's wise to put a good coat of Fluid Film or Woolwax in the wheel well and the lip before you install the liner.

StansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
My 2022 Tradesman came with, it is amazing it's not stock.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat