2022 ram 2500 drop hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vjjack04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Guys,
i searched some old threads and it seems i need about an 8 or 10 inch drop hitch for my 2022 2500 to work best with a 16-20 (or other) foot car hauler (to keep the trailer level)....is that about right? thanks

Ramtop

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
6.4L
Your best bet is to to take the unhitched trailer and set the jack so the trailer is level. Then back your truck up to it and measure the difference in height between your receiver hitch and the trailer hitch to get the correct drop needed. Each truck is going to be a little different depending on options and tire sizes

Roll Tide Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Better to invest in an adjustable drop hitch. In case you trade trailers, or have more than one trailer. Make sure you get one rated heavy enough for what you may tow in the future. I pulled 17k a few times when I had a dump trailer.

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 7in drop and my flat deck Big Tex trailer sits on the lowest setting. I think having an adjustable hitch is better for varying trailer heights. You will probably want at least 7in drop.