2023 Limited Longhorn Interior Wood Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FtWorthRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,
I just purchased a new 2023 Limited Longhorn 1500. I absolutely love the interior of this truck, and the reason I went with the Longhorn over the Laramie. I'm looking for suggestions and recommendations on how to care for all the wood trim pcs?? Truck is garaged, and I use a windshield sun screen whenever I park it for any length of time outside. But I want to know if I should treat the wood pcs now to help preserve them?

I've also read about people's Limited leather dashes delaminating? Is that something that was changed with the newer Limiteds, as I don't believe my dash is leather?

Thanks for your input, thoughts, and experiences here!

USNGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Just saw this. My steering wheel on my 2019 Limited (indigo interior) is starting to turn brown in a spot. I took mine into the dealer but there is apparently nothing Chrysler is willing to do.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Following. I have the wood accents in my Ltd Longhorn too. Never really thought about care for them. Mine rarely sits out in the sun for any length of time.

JF19Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
Since my 19 is outside 100% of the time, I religiously use a sunshade and had the windows tinted 20% (not the windshield). I can't say I've done anything special with the wood trim.. ever couple of months I just treat it like the rest of the dash and wipe it down with whatever dash care product I happen to have. (Pinnaql, Meguiars, Adams, etc)

61k miles and 4 yrs later, the one on the top of the stack seems to be ever so slightly faded. Nothing really noticeable, but I can tell.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just saw this. My steering wheel on my 2019 Limited (indigo interior) is starting to turn brown in a spot. I took mine into the dealer but there is apparently nothing Chrysler is willing to do.
You can have leather re-died and repaired

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is that actually real wood now? Maybe Murphy's or something if so? I don't think it's gonna dry and check like real wood or they wouldn't have put it in there. But than again...

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is that actually real wood now? Maybe Murphy's or something if so? I don't think it's gonna dry and check like real wood or they wouldn't have put it in there. But than again...
Mine is real wood. It's thickly coated with some kind of clear coat/sealer. Same look as the '99 Escalade we bought new. That Caddy stayed in the extended family until last year. The clear coat had become foggy on the steering wheel, but it never chipped or cracked. Hoping the same is true for my Longhorn, as I intend to keep it for a long time.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can use an interior detailer with uv protection. Don't use anything that will react with the finish. Don't use anything abrasive.