2WD, 4WD High, & Axle Unlock LED Flashing during cold weather conditions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Power Wagon Chief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon
Engine
2021 Power Wagon weird Control Switch (Transfer Case) LED response in cold Weather conditions <30F.

I have observed a number of times on the instrument panel, when in 2WD the switch LED flashes along with the switch Axle Unlock LED until the cabin temperature increases above 40F. A similar condition was observed when 4WD High was selected (it would flash) and again the Axle Unlock LED would also flash. There is no issue when pushing the corresponding pushbutton going into 4WD High or 2WD from a transfer case standpoint, just the LED's flashing in cold weather conditions.

Has anyone seen this condition? Is there a fix? I'm concerned that the fix may not be worth the squeeze or just cause additional issues. The truck is still under warrantee. I showed video's of the issue to dealership where I bought the truck and they were not aware or heard of any similar issues but will be checking into it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PW Chief

Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 6.53.57 PM.png

ArthurNikon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Same issue here, and as usual… dealer says they never met this issue before!!!

When the dimmer switch is set at « high », backlight of the transfer case buttons are flickering, and your transfer case selection also flickering, only the transmission selection position remains solid, everything else flash until you lower the dimmer switch.

This happens at night, when the high beams are automatically on, and playing with the light switch doesn’t make any change. This issue happens after 5-10 minutes driving, not instantly when the engine is started/running.

I truly believe it’s related to the e-torque 48v-12v dc to dc converter.

Dealer already replaced dimmer switch, checked for the latest software, and no TSB published yet about this issue…