5.2 magnum no power and random misfire after driving a few blocks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banditlee23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I have been having issues with my 98 ram 5.2. It feels like it has absolutely no power. always feels like i'm pulling a trailer up hill. it's driving me crazy. once in a while right after i start it up and drive down the road a little bit, it will bog and then backfire out of the intake, then it will run seemingly fine ( still without power ) it used to pop 02 sensor codes until i replaced both of them and changed plugs wires cap and rotor. also put in a new throttle positioning sensor. haven't had any codes since.... the motor was replaced 35 thousand miles ago with a brand new factory 5.2 ( dealer installed ) i did find a vacuum leak shortly after with a bad check valve but haven't found any since. but it hasn't had any power before or after it was blown...... anyone have any suggestions? i love my truck and don't want to give up on her yet. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
My first thought is miss routed plug wires, which is easy to do and won't always throw a code. Also, check your fuel injectors for proper wiring and loose connectors.

OP
OP
B

Banditlee23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
do you know the firing order off hand and what would i be looking for as far as fuel connections? it burns gas like crazy so i don't know as if it's a fuel problem... new fuel pump too... thanks for the response so quickly