5.9I vibration damper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRS82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9I
Have an 06 5.9 im replacing alternator ,water pump, belt tensioner , idler, belt, fan clutch, bearing in fan clutch hub, my question is should i replace vibration damper it is stock it didn’t appear to wobble and the alignment marks maybe have a very slight difference but not a 1/16 of an inch out of alignment the truck is stock ,it is 4x4 mega cab 48r auto transmission , i found a new one for a reasonable price but the mfg. says it only weighs 7lbs and the oem Is 14lbs wondering what affects this would have TIA for any help

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
You might add the mileage on the truck. Also if no response here try the TDR Forum. Turbo Diesel Register. Lots of people with this vintage truck. I have 155K on mine and no issue as far as I know. Unless it's causing an issue you might leave it alone but they are known to have problems. I read that the seal that laminates the pieces dries out and that causes it to "wander'. Sure would not want it to come loose.