5100s and spring clocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joe_moose4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all
I am deleting the air ride off my 2016 longhorn eco diesel. Went with 5100s all around and tuf truck springs (went with the 1.5" lift variable rear ttc - 1223 vt) and ttc - 1230 fronts and ill be running the front at the top 2.8" setting
My question is for clocking the springs. I didnt have factory ones to go off of because i was air. Does anyone know what way the springs should be sitting in the seats (more the front)
Iv seen end of the spring out at the top center but just curious if anyone knows for sure.

I have searched and found one post that touched on it but just looking for verification

Last edited:

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are your lower spring perches the OEM style perch sitting over a steel band around the shock which then sits over the snap ring, or are they the updated one piece perch bilstein provides which goes directly over the snap ring?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hi all
I am deleting the air ride off my 2016 longhorn eco diesel. Went with 5100s all around and tuf truck springs (went with the 1.5" lift variable rear ttc - 1223 vt) and ttc - 1230 fronts and ill be running the front at the top 2.8" setting
My question is for clocking the springs. I didnt have factory ones to go off of because i was air. Does anyone know what way the springs should be sitting in the seats (more the front)
Iv seen end of the spring out at the top center but just curious if anyone knows for sure.

I have searched and found one post that touched on it but just looking for verification
In the front the lowest coil will face the engine. In the rear its very rare that it matters. But for reference face the lowest coil towards the front.